LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 141
0 members and 141 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 12:35 PM   #2104
ThurgreedMarshall
[intentionally omitted]

Re: We are all Slave now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian_dangerfield View Post
The country is tribalizing into warring factions with biases. You think you're factual, but you pretty much sound like a script from MSNBC.

I had a brief discussion of politics with an older family member last nite. This was like listening to a Fox script.

The right's more crazy, and less factual. But you're both full of shit, and this place is uniquely full of shit because you actually think you've insight and knowledge. You don't.
You really are full of yourself. Listen up: You possess no unique insight into anything. You lack the ability to listen to an argument without assigning your preconceived notion of what "tribe" that person falls into. You are worse than everyone on this board because you truly think you have the ability to hear the bullshit on both sides.

What you have never understood is that pretty much everyone on this board, no matter what the issue, has taken into account all perspectives and dismissed the ones they have found unconvincing. In many cases, that determination lines up with one side or the other. And here's the rub: That is not evidence of people plugging their ears and following along blindly with MSNBC or whatever.

There is overwhelming evidence of people here debating what the facts mean on every single issue. You ignore it all because you have assigned us all to a tribe in your mentally deficient mind. Sure, I lean left. But that is because (and I've said this many times) on every single issue, I believe the right is completely wrong. Hell, I often think the left is wrong. But they are almost always less wrong than the right.

You can name any issue at all and I will tell you where I stand on it. The result of my analysis is not a product of me choosing to stand with Democrats on all issues because they're Democrats and I'm a Democrat, so I must agree with them on everything. You repeat this tired, lame, bullshit ad nauseum.

The reason why we are more split than ever is because the right is taking waaaaaaay more extreme stances on every single possible issue. And so many on the right are completely resistant to facts and driven (partly? a lot? mostly?) by pure hatred.

So, you can keep acting like you're something special. But you really should realize that you're not. You're fucking delusional.

TM