LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 142
0 members and 142 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 10:55 AM   #2152
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Re: Is this the Travel Board?

Quote:
Originally Posted by notcasesensitive View Post
Hey friends! I have a couple of exciting trips coming up (one much sooner than the other) that involve driving around in foreign countries and I wanted advice from my well-traveled internet friends.

The first is Baja California for a week next month. We'll be driving down from LA and kind of winging it to see how much of it we can see in only a week. I'm thinking we'll stay in the upper half, but if time permits we could make it to La Paz or even Cabo. I've been to Cabo bunches of times, but never anywhere else in Baja. Anyone here been to any of the smaller/less touristy towns? Anyone driven Baja?

The second is Europe for three weeks in June and July. I'll be flying into Berlin (with an afternoon layover in Stockholm) and we're renting a car and are hitting (at a minimum) -- Nuremburg, Vienna, Munich, Trieste, Venice, Milan, Turin and Marseille. Eventually making our way back to fly out of Dusseldorf. I've never been to central Europe, but my traveling companion is a dual citizen (South Africa and Germany) with family he'll be visiting before I arrive in northern Germany (he has traveled a lot in Germany and speaks German, so a lot of the coordinating for the Germany parts will be handled by him). I'm curious: if you had an itinerary in that general part of the world, what are the can't miss spots? Where will we want more or less time? Any other thoughts? We'll be trying to find lodging on the cheap (since we'll have a car, maybe outside of the bigger cities) so if you have any suggestions relating to that, I'd love to hear them too. No shared room hostels, but maybe private room hostels or AirBnb type stuff...
We have pseudo-family in Vienna, so I have a distorted view of how great it is. But for sure if you like museums make sure to see the main art museum. Austria pre-WW1 was the richest country around. It is a tiny little place now, but the art it amassed during the Empire is still there. And climb the stairs to the top of that church.

Last edited by Hank Chinaski; 02-21-2017 at 12:00 PM..
Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote