LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 148
0 members and 148 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 04:32 PM   #4998
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Re: I'm impressed....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlaveNoMore View Post
Ty - I'll grant you this, that's a damn good one. Bravo.

Off my head, we need a "prescribed" war, right?

So no, I would think that Amendment is clear. Are you comfortable with President Gavin commandeering Nanook's and his family's igloo for some Neo-Con fake war?

SlaveNo(As you are a Tech Guy, I'd prefer we talk hypos on the 4th)More
My point is just that constitutional rights are maybe not more important than life and death. I think most people would say to my hypo, if US citizens are going to get killed (by Russians) unless we ignore the Third Amendment, f*ck the Third Amendment. Likewise, many people are saying, since US citizens are getting killed (by other people with too-easy access to guns), let's roll back the Second Amendment. Saying that takes away your constitutional rights is kinda missing the point. As someone else said in a different context, the Constitution is not a suicide pact.

All that coming from someone who likes to shoot, and thinks that guns, like abortion, should be safe, legal and rare.
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar