LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 474
0 members and 474 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 04:33 PM   #1641
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Re: Mother, mother, mother - there's too many of you crying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adder View Post
I don't think there's a meaningful political cost to pointing it out. Anyone who is offended by having to hear about it is already lost.

If there is a political cost, then it's a question of priorities. Personally, I think you need to be able to name sexism and racism to be able to fight them, and fighting them is worth potentially losing (see the ongoing Dem party divide over "identity politics").

We definitely learned that there's little political cost to being pretty openly racist and sexist though, so maybe that implies the inverse.
I think Sebby's point might be that calling ALL Trump supporters, or people at least considering voting for him, racists/sexists could have turned some of the voters who are not white nationalists towards Trump. Perhaps he is thinking of someone who is worried about some of the apparent hate from Trump, but more worried about something Hil might do.

But there was plenty of political cost to Trump's hate. I'm not the only person who voted for Hil, because em is very very bothered by the hate (and other shit).