LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 247
0 members and 247 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 12:08 PM   #176
Pretty Little Flower

Re: Northam, Warren, Fairfax...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian_dangerfield View Post
I got the same sense from his comments to the media. He seemed to have recognized that he'd been sleazy in the past. But this does not mean he had to give up his job.

The punishment of Franken was wildly disproportionate to the crime. In any other normal time, rather than at the peak of #metoo, people would have reacted to Franken in a circumspect manner. His timing was bad. A mob wanted every #metoo violator's head and was unable and unwilling to differentiate the behaviors of a Weinstein from a Charlie Rose from a Franken from an Aziz Ansari.

Zero tolerance = Zero thinking. Franken gave up too soon and paid a price far too high, and we're all much poorer for it. Gillibrand is a useless operator, driven only by her own ambition. Franken was actually a thoughtful legislator with a voice. And yet she persists, adjusting her every syllable to the latest polls, maneuvering and conniving to appear as Presidential mettle. Franken sits silent, a voice of reason we very much need in the Senate, probably touching up scripts and doing some executive producing.

One last point on Franken... Ty suggested that I was arguing that Gillibrand cannot be elected President because of what she did to Franken. This is incorrect. Gillibrand cannot be elected President because Gillibrand is a lousy candidate with nothing original to say. She wouldn't last five minutes in a debate with Warren or Harris. She's an entirely political confection, saccharine, hollow... the utterly vacant creation of focus groups, consultants, and donors.
Can you believe this bullshit?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/11/u...dard-2020.html

First, nobody EVER branded Hillary as shrill. I read that on the internet. Second, the idea that men would use the world shrill to disparage uppity women is laughable. The beauty of the word shrill is that is it almost exclusively used by women, to great cutting effect. By the way, while on the uppity women tip, you should know that it's no longer "o.k." to state that these women are "persisting." McConnell ruined that for everyone.

But that's not why I am here. I am just here to share a video of Cardi B in homage to her win at the Grammys. It's profane because, well, Cardi B:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu9EX9YRTdQ

I am not sorry.