LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 236
0 members and 236 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 11:58 PM   #4255
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Re: Immigration

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian_dangerfield View Post
True. You're applying bias and a limited lens.
No, I'm talking about what the government does. You are talking about what the rest of the economy does. "The money is funneling upwards" is a stupid thing to say. Money doesn't funnel itself. As you have pointed out many times -- and no one here disagrees -- the economy itself seems to be working lately in a way that advantages the already well-off, and disadvantages the not-so-well-off. I get it. We all get it. You think you're Moses coming down from Mount Sinai with great news on big tablets of stone, but you're like the guy who tweeted yesterday that Barney is a Tantric sex therapist now. We got it already.

My point, which is so obviously correct that you can't really disagree with it, is that the Democrats used their political power when they controlled Congress under Obama to change the law in ways that helped the poor at the expense of the rich, and the GOP is now doing the opposite. You know this is true. You're just so committed to presenting as the independent thinker that you feel compelled to offer a contrarian take. So daring!
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar