LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 122
0 members and 122 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 07:32 PM   #744
sebastian_dangerfield

Re: Doesn’t Matter Who Wins the K Race; We’re All the Same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Ten years ago i learned the secret to successful dieting. I was on a diet where I did not eat sweets. Then my daughter made me a cake and I ate a piece. I woke up the next day bummed about it. My prior beliefs would be that I am no longer on the diet. But then I had a revelation- I had done "wrong" but I can start over again. I was not 100% bad.

When adder says we are all racists, it doesn't mean he thinks you might as well have gone to Charlottesville- instead he means let's all recognize we can improve (I think that is what he means)

But let's flip it to your def: how far will I have to move to be racist? Like if I'm afraid of a black man in a suit in downtown Birmingham Mi is that enough? Do I need to have thoughts once an hour? Can you define your limit?

The heart of this is you seem to believe someone who is a racist should be shunned and the rest of these socks believe it just means em has work to do (and gets to folks that should be shunned).
The heart of it is that this is a difficult argument of degree which should not be avoided by applying a term in an absolute manner. To do that is simply stupid. We have brains. We can assess degrees and develop boundaries where a term ought to fit and where it shouldn't.

Using the logic that everyone in the US is racist, all of the kids born during this thread are and will be racists. Try that argument in a forum where logic and adherence to proper use of language are demanded.