LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 394
0 members and 394 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 10:31 AM   #834
Pretty Little Flower

Re: Oh, Ashley Madison, you faker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Hmmm, there is a spectrum of "not-cheating-cheating" at this falls somewhere in the middle.

Jimmy Carter admitted to "cheating in his heart," meaning he looked at an attractive woman and thought, "damn!" I don't suppose anyone in a healthy relationship should be too bothered by that sort of thing, unless it happens constantly.

The next step, an overt act in the direction of the object of em's desire, say not bob complimenting a woman's hair, when he really means "that sweater fits you nice!" Or thurgreed going to meet ppnyc. Such flirtations are not harmful to a relationship, perhaps even healthy.

Now you have some sap bombarded by the Ashley Madison commercials* and wondering, "is this really for real, I'll go look. huh? you can't see anything if you don't register?" And the guy signs up, just wanting to see if the hot wife married to the schlub on the corner maybe signed up. Never sets a meeting,** never really communicates- in 2015 is that really so far from Not bob's act all these years?

*And the ads were so good, the husband giving the wife permission to cheat to preserve "their love?" If their IT guys were half as good as the ad people this wouldn't have happened.

** and we now know he couldn't have set a meeting.
Also, if the fellatio was unsolicited and had no strings attached, I think that hardly counts as cheating.

I am not sorry.
Pretty Little Flower is offline   Reply With Quote