LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 123
0 members and 123 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2003, 04:21 PM   #7
Mmmm, Burger (C.J.)

Re: What2do?

Quote:
Originally posted by law2day
Given that the phones and service all suck, but given that we all want a cool phone -- what is the final pick of folks. Who has the best service/coverage? What are the best phones?

I currently have ATT, which seems fine, but they are pushing me to move to the GSM network. I am concerned about coverage. Since my plan has expired, I could go anywhere, so I am open to any suggestions.
What's with AT&T and pushing GSM? The network's not as built out, but they charge the same rates. Plus, you can't roam with the GSM phones onto an analog network. The phones are cooler, however. You might see if they'll let you "try" the new network with a new phone for a couple of weeks, and see for yourself.

That said, Sprint has some pretty cool phones too. I really didn't have problems with reception/dropped calls when I used them (I have AT&T now). I did have issues with two things: 1) calls were mysteriously converted to "roaming" on the bill, even though I was in a digital coverage area. It was as if they programmed their phones to prefer to roam, so I had to turn off that feature. 2) Their customer service was incredibly unfriendly, if not rude, and did not honor their representations. That alone made me switch.