LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 164
0 members and 164 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 02:06 PM   #1242
ThurgreedMarshall
[intentionally omitted]

Re: Cuckoo Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adder View Post
Why does that bother you?

ETA: Everything in there strikes me as fair and we absolutely should be doing more to empower women.
The headline is clickbait, of course. If she had framed "blanket hate" as something more realistic like, "loss of the benefit of the doubt in every single instance," it would be more palatable.

People absolutely cannot stand to be lumped in with others on these types of generalizations.

"You are privileged." "What? Me? My daddy was a coal miner's daughter and I grew up on nothing but knock off Welch's grape juice.

"Cops support cops no matter what." "What? My uncle is a cop and he is the least racist cop ever. In fact, he had a black girlfriend in '98!

"It is very hard to navigate the world based on the amount of aggression exhibited by men in all walks of life." "What? I've never assaulted anyone. And I stopped calling girls,* "honey" in '98 when my uncle's black girlfriend punched me in my eye! I'm not the problem!"

"New Yorkers are rude." "What? Fuck you, buddy. I helped a little old lady get the fuck out of my way just the other day. Tell your story walkin'.

I don't understand why people can't listen to something like what was written in the article, understand that she's employing a rhetorical device, remove themselves from the class based on their own behavior, and move on with their lives without dismissing the whole thing. But apparently, that is absolutely impossible.

TM

*This is intentional.