LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 235
0 members and 235 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 06:55 PM   #2038
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Re: We are all Slave now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedy,Greedy,Greedy View Post
So, to be clear, complete agreement that Murray is a racist ass and white supremacist, that Harris is a racist but Sebby likes him sometimes anyways, and that Klein can sometimes be insufferable but Ty likes him sometimes anyways.

Can we all just now agree that being openly racist is a pretty fucking awful thing and being insufferable just kind makes him one of us?
I really don't know much about Harris and don't have a view about him apart from his contretemps with Klein, which did not show him in a good light. I'm not much of a fan of Klein, though I respect Tyler Cowen, who is. Klein's wife just wrote a hot book on a topic Sebby likes, so maybe that will pull him up in his opinion. I think of Klein as more of a curator of other people's views than as having interesting things to say himself, so I'm a little taken aback by Sebby's venom about him, which seems to have more to do with mood affiliation than anything he has said. The conservative part of Sebby's brain bridles at earnest liberalism and belief in policy, and is overcome by a powerful desire to tell people like Klein to shut up, and it has almost zero to do with the substance of what Klein might say.

eta: Maybe it's more appropriate to say that Klein is Lowrey's husband.
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar

Last edited by Tyrone Slothrop; 08-02-2018 at 07:42 PM..