LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 392
0 members and 392 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 10:31 AM   #3281
ThurgreedMarshall
[intentionally omitted]

Re: Mother, mother, mother - there's too many of you crying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Here's the thing, the biggest issue the Dems have right now is that the prez bragged about grabbing pussy, and Alabama is running a guy who got banned from malls, and no R's seem to care. We are less than a year away from midterm elections. Anything that blurs the line is a big problem. Of course it is unfair that he quit and Trump is still in office and this Moore will likely win election, but the D's need to win in contested places, lots of them, and cannot have a major bright line issue get less bright.
While I see your point, I think this is incorrect. Anyone who is blurring those lines between Franken and Moore is squinting so hard their eyes may pop out. It's intentional because they want to justify voting for Moore (and I'm just using him as an example).

If we can't pick up people in close districts because they think, "Franken. Moore. Close enough. I'm going with the child molester." it's not because we didn't clear our ranks of the Frankens and convince them that we are morally superior. It's because those people could not be reached.

We need to stop being so fucking wishy washy. Every single Democrat who has a mic thrust in his or her face asked to discuss this should say, "The comparison of an alleged child molester to anyone else is irresponsible and I'm not going to dignify that game by playing. Franken is the subject of an investigation as he should be and appropriate steps will be taken once the investigation has concluded." Translation: Fuck outta my face with this bullshit.

TM