LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 165
0 members and 165 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 01:50 PM   #720
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Re: All the LOLs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurgreedMarshall View Post
As I said before, I think both sides are lying their asses off. You and Burger are homers, so you are completely focused on the fucked up process. That's fine. But Brady absolutely did it. You don't want to believe that? Okay. But I think you're nuts if you don't think Brady knew his guys were deflating balls against the rules. He thought it was no big deal and then, all of a sudden, it was. And he feels like that isn't fair since it wasn't for so long.
What I think is more likely is that (a) different gauges give different readings, as the Wells Report says (although it just picks the readings least favorable to Brady), and (b) Brady likes his balls less inflated, and made sure the equipment guys knew that, and while he may not have told them to break the rules, they were more interested in keeping him happy than in strict compliance with the NFL rules.

Unless I missing something, which is possible, I think the reason you think Brady was engaged in huge cheating is the NFL's and/or Colts' leak to Mortensen and his story -- false, but repeated widely and unrebutted by the NFL, and so very successful in creating the narrative that has followed.
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar

Last edited by Tyrone Slothrop; 08-03-2015 at 02:07 PM.. Reason: etf missing words
Tyrone Slothrop is offline   Reply With Quote