LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 99
0 members and 99 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
Thread: Son Arrested
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 02:45 PM   #4
sebastian_dangerfield

Son Arrested

Quote:
Originally posted by Frusterated
Help. My 17 year old son was arrested for facilitation to traffic marijuana within 1000 yard of a school. A felony. The passenger admitted to purchasing the 1/4 of a ounce of pot from a guy for $39.00 and he gave the name and number of the seller to the police. The 2 kids in the backseat were sent home. My son's car was impounded and we are being told they will try and seize if for sell at auction.

He says he can pass a drug test and that he was only driving him over there because he said he would give him gas money.

I don't know what to do. We are lost.

Frustrated
Get a local lawyer who's wired in at whatever courthouse you're in. You want a guy who can get the prosecutor's ear. An ex prosecutor is a good idea.

Also ask the defense lawyer if he knows forfeiture law. Its an ever changing area, and a crim law subspecialty.

Bring your checkbook and be prepared to pay thousands of dollars up front when you meet the lawyer. Do not start out by saying you have no money and need a deal. The guys who do that work well go deaf when they hear that. And the guys who'll take the case on the cheap are the guys you don't want. They'll take the retainer $$ and give you shit service.