LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 198
1 members and 197 guests
Replaced_Texan
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 05:36 PM   #1672
Replaced_Texan
Random Syndicate (admin)

Re: No Faith in the Moral Standards of the Players as a Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky Thump View Post
Never saw him live. Thank goodness for Youtube.
Me either, but my husband worked one of his tours. We'd heard rumors that he was going to do an all Hendrix set at the Isle of Wight festival this year and if that happened we were going to try to go.

Graham's remembrance:

Quote:
I worked for many many artists and entertainers in my 20+ years behind the scenes. Prince was, by far, the most infuriating, narcissistic, diva-like pain in the ass to deal with. He was also, without question, the most gifted, talented and brilliant musician I have ever seen. His performances were transcendent. His skill on the guitar was at a level most people didn't really appreciate given his skill at blending it with the whole of a song. I will stand by my opinion that Prince was the best living guitar player on earth. He could bring the funk like no other. There's a reason George Clinton covered his music frequently. I could never figure out the personality off stage but on stage and on his recordings, there was few who matched his talent in the last 25 years. I hope his estate will release the vaulted music and will finally relent on the restrictive control of his videos and music, if for no other reason so that future generations will know what an amazing talent there was in that very very diminutive frame. Rest well PRN, thanks for the music.
"In the olden days before the internet, you'd take this sort of person for a ride out into the woods and shoot them, as Darwin intended, before he could spawn."--Will the Vampire People Leave the Lobby? pg 79
Replaced_Texan is online now   Reply With Quote