LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 161
0 members and 161 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 05:29 PM   #1
Replaced_Texan
Random Syndicate (admin)

Welcome and upgrade

7/24/2008 Ok, after a lot of me thinking, procrastinating and otherwise sitting around a lot, I've decided that we're going to be better, faster, cheaper and newer.

I've decided to move the site to another host, which will hopefully cost at least half as much as the one we're currently on, and at the same time, get some upgrades.

I'm hoping that this will all be done over the weekend, but who knows how such things work...

Hopefully, if all goes well, the content will still be here, your personal shit will still be here, but we'll have all sorts of new bells and whistles on the site. All for a lower price.

If you see the site down in the next few days, do not panic. We have to go down before we can come back up again. If all works well, this will be relatively seamless and no one will notice a thing.

7/30/2008 We have moved to the new host!! We may have lost a half-day of postings, but I'll see what I can do about restoring those. Otherwise, we're sitting on a brand new server at our brand new host. Now that the move has happened, they'll go ahead in the next few days and do the upgrade. Hopefully this will mean that we can reopen registration, and we'll get a bunch of new bells and whistles that will modernize the forum a little.

Please PM or e-mail me if you have any questions or concerns.
"In the olden days before the internet, you'd take this sort of person for a ride out into the woods and shoot them, as Darwin intended, before he could spawn."--Will the Vampire People Leave the Lobby? pg 79

Last edited by Replaced_Texan; 07-30-2008 at 11:22 AM..
Replaced_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote