LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 106
0 members and 106 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 05:32 AM   #4222
Icky Thump

Re: Objectively intelligent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
So a thing anyone* who has been in law school knows is the hate most feel for the "gunners," or students who talk too much, ask stupid questions, are clearly full of themselves. It just makes the lectures long and unbearable. In fact, there is a thing called "asshole bingo" where you have a card with the 5 worst offenders crossed with 5 types of dumb questions. We'd be in class, and one of the usual suspects would ask something stupid, and from the back of the room you'd hear "BINGO!"

My son is in his first year of law school. Zoom school is certainly not ideal for a lot of reason, but there is one improvement. His class got a memo on proper Zoom class behavior. Apparently after an especially stupid question someone sent a chat to "All" "I wish this guy would shut up!" And pretty soon a chat fight had broken out.

I would have loved to be able to say it like that. Saying "BINGO!" was passive aggressive, not very satisfying TBH.

*except for the gunners, I suppose? Ty?
Ha ha rookies. Being a gunner for the first three classes is the best way to never get called on again.