LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 113
1 members and 112 guests
Icky Thump
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 07:14 PM   #45
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Re: Northam, Warren, Fairfax...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian_dangerfield View Post
It is reasonable to freak out at what Neeson said. I should have used a term more specific than “flipping out.” I’d say people calling for a boycott of him, or suggesting he needs to be exiled from his profession, need to get a grip. What he said was shocking, but it’s also the kind of honesty we need to address the issue. Added and Not Bob make a similar point when they admit they have had racist thoughts. But Liam is famous, and has admitted a truly violent racist thought. Those crying for him to pay a steep professional price do a huge disservice to their own ostensible goals.

My suspicion is most of those people are not terribly thoughtful, but more interested in publicly displaying outrage than actually addressing racism and the the issues caused by racism constructively.

ETA: If Neeson’s publicist were with him and heard him start that exchange, he or she would have jumped on the cameraman. Neeson is a sophisticated movie star. He knew he was taking a huge chance with that sort of honesty. This should not cost him a career where it’s clear he does not hold those views anymore, they were born of passion and social location at the time, and his intent is to assist in combatting racism.
It’s all Bullshit. Until the police come in and drag MEL Gibson out of the Oscars( front row?) it is all about who earns. Fuck them.