LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 449
0 members and 449 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 06:42 PM   #1214
ThurgreedMarshall
[intentionally omitted]

Re: We are all Slave now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
I think you think I'm talking about YOU, as opposed to a hypthetical FB person. the original question was "is it good that trump tells people to ignore the NYT." Sebby thought shaking the respect for NYT was good- I suggested in a word where most people get their news from shit sources, shaking the respect for the NYT is not "good."
Agreed. See my last post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
but there is very much a hive mentality that FB drives, where people post as reasoned truth stuff that they should suspect. Example- today 70% of my feed is posting short summaries about how hollow/stupid trump's achievments were in singapore. they might have been hollow. but here's the thing, most people i know know fuckall about international relations. and most of those people were posting about how failed trump was when the meeting was cancelled a few weeks back. (he's bad to have met, he's failed because the meeting was cancelled- contradictory?) I don't see how these people aren't simply accepting AS TRUTH things they are being told. Those people, Dem and R, need to read the NYT and WSJ and other things that may have flaws, but at least try to have some level of integrity.
This is true. There are people who are completely uninformed who are waiting to be told what to think. We are pissed off because those people used to be told by the evening news or the paper what to think. Now they're seeking out their own news and people of like mind and there's no end to the bullshit sources who will reinforce whatever that is.

But I'll tell you this, I've had some amazing reactions to some of my posts from people who are unable to think through an issue who are happy to have it broken down for them.

But I am not saying that we aren't all in our own bubbles on Facebook. That article which showed the difference in news feeds based on whether you were left or right was really scary.

TM