LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 164
0 members and 164 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 10:27 AM   #2462
ThurgreedMarshall
[intentionally omitted]

Re: All you need are looks and a whole lot of money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian_dangerfield View Post
4 surgeries? You're the record holder. Bucket handle? MCL?

I've only known one person who did the PCL.
ACL and three others removing torn meniscus and cartilage (which wreak havoc inside your knee if you don't get them taken care of right away, I've learned) after basketball incidents. In any case, it's bone on bone in there. This poses all sorts of problems because you're not supposed to run or squat or do lateral movement because it just grinds the bone to dust and increases the arthritis. But I've found that if you don't build the muscle around your knees, they hurt 100% of the time because they're not stable and you need that strength to take the pressure off the joint. It's a fucked up Catch 22.

If I were smart (and I'm not), I would try to keep my weight at 195 or below. Very difficult given where my body wants to be and I would have to lose muscle to be below 195. But every five pounds lost alleviates a ton of pain in my knees.

Loved playing outdoors all those years. And really, I don't think you can call yourself a basketball player if you haven't played on concrete courts, getting into fights and learning to ignore hard fouls if you think you have a chance to score--there is no "and 1" outside, son. But it's absolutely terrible for your knees, especially if you have my issues.

TM

Last edited by ThurgreedMarshall; 06-08-2018 at 10:42 AM..
ThurgreedMarshall is offline   Reply With Quote