LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 110
0 members and 110 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 11:18 AM   #128
Adder
I am beyond a rank!

Re: ...or an ativan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian_dangerfield View Post
1. The FBI will continue doing what it's been doing, regardless of who's in charge;
Unless it doesn't. You have a whole lot of faith in bureaucracy all of a sudden. I think it's entirely possible he gets a director intent on shutting it down. Then it's on Congress to hold him accountable. They've shown no sign of being capable of that.

Quote:
I fear Pence, as he actually knows how to get things done, and is a cuckoo pants Jesus Freak.
The VP who takes over after his boss is impeached, especially one who has been willing to carry so much of his boss's water, is not going to be very effective

Quote:
Either way, the hysterical media and social media bleatings about authoritarianism and Nixonian purges are silly.
It's not. He just fired the guy who is leading an investigation into his campaign. That's seriously shady shit.

Quote:
It's just a President who's way, way out of his depth, and who still believes he can hire and fire as though it's the private sector.
That's a big issue too. And even more so that apparently his people haven't told him he can't.