LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 279
0 members and 279 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 11:45 AM   #31
Adder
I am beyond a rank!

Re: Mother, mother, mother - there's too many of you crying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian_dangerfield View Post
I'm not downplaying the seriousness of misogyny. But we're engaged in conversation regarding asteroids at the cost of neglecting a planet sized pile of economic problems and environmental concerns barreling toward us.
You really need to take a step back and get some perspective, Chicken Little.

The asteroid you're warning about hit 20+ years ago. So far we've been generally okay weathering the ripple effects.

Quote:
Maybe it's time we wake up and stop allowing the tail (real, but still secondary social issues) to stop wagging the dog in terms of policy debate?
Yes, super secondary to the white, straight, cis guy.

Quote:
(and we stop dithering around tired talking-point solutions like 'education,' and directly address automation)
First we smash the looms.

Quote:
Then we get to civil rights - most notably the emergence of a police state within our borders;
If only everyone cared enough to vote for the candidate who at least wasn't promising to make it worse...

Quote:
Next on to the environmental crisis (anyone else notice summer came two months early this year?)
If only everyone cared enough to vote for the candidate who at least wasn't promising to make it worse...

Quote:
Then on to privacy rights, as in the right not to be spied on by domestic agencies,

Quote:
and a woman's absolute right to make all decisions regarding her body AND any fetus within it.

And yes, I know, you think Hillary wasn't going to make any of those things actually better (I think we can all agree that you're probably mainly wrong), but again, the other guy was explicitly promising to move in the opposite direction on these things.