LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 91
0 members and 91 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 05:14 PM   #1299
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Re: We are all Slave now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adder View Post
We might know if Justice Kennedy and the majority not deftly avoided deciding (and here I'm assuming you mean a baker does not want to make a cake because the customers are gay). Just Kagan says yes, though.

I might be wrong, but I don't think there's any federal law defining senior white house officials or chief propagandists for creeping fascism or even republicans as a protected class. The last one I'm pretty sure varies by state under state law, though.

Maybe Sanders at Red Hen is different, but I'm going to spend exactly zero time worrying about Miller or whoever showing up at a Mexican restaurant and not being welcome. They're trolling.
Umm, what? Protected class means con right, correct? But if it takes a law to say a restaurant can’t discriminate based upon race then that isn’t a right. Is there a parallel law that extends it to gay people? Or did the original law extend to all protected classes and not just race? Or are the people explaining how kicking Sarah is ok but not cake isn’t just not understanding the law?