LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 179
1 members and 178 guests
Tyrone Slothrop
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 02:46 PM   #181
Not Bob

In 27-D, I was behind the wing, watching landscape roll out like credits on a screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adder View Post
It's worse, I didn't actually pay for the upgrade, as when I tried to do so at the kiosk, my credit card was declined for fraud protection (I used miles for the flight was they apparently thought it was weird to be buying an upgrade) and when I went to ask about it at the gate, the agent gave it to me for free.

Worse. Than. Hitler.
Well, you didn't know everything when you claimed your seat, so don't be too hard on yourself. And if the stewardess* didn't mention the circumstances to you (they often know this stuff) before takeoff, the best you could have done was to offer to trade back once you figured it out.

To atone, maybe make a donation to the local pediatric cancer center? Or check with the local ACS chapter to see if they have a generic winter gift-giving holiday party for kids with cancer and their families (the one in Podunkville does), and pony up some of your ducats to buy toys for Santa/Hanukkah Harry/Solstice Person to hand out at said party.

*I know. I'm working on it.
Not Bob is offline   Reply With Quote