LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 134
0 members and 134 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 12:43 PM   #1228
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Re: Cuckoo Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adder View Post
I'm going to have a strong preference for feminist women and giving others the chance to be in charge of things.
I was reading a FB thread about "white privilege." This one insipid white guy said, "because of it, I decided not to take a management position and instead became an EMT(or some such). It struck me, even accepting the guaranteed management jobs waiting for all whites, that minorities would be better off if HE HAD taken the management job, then he could cause change. Isn't that true here also?

The other thing that all such pondering (like yours) lacks, is a recognition that there is not standard for what "feminists want." My daughter has some clear ideas, and expectations. I can's always agree, or understand, but at least I can process what she thinks. But then I see FB friends who are feminists and way the fuck out there. They post stuff that states what is "right things" for men that can only make me think I can't imagine dating, i can't imagine a world where they have achieved these things. Often it seems a world a man couldn't be in.

That's why saying "sure, whatever a feminists wants" is actually leading to extending the problems, because the world as envisioned to meet the dreams of all feminists, wouldn't meet the dreams of many feminists. You adder are the problem.