LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 167
0 members and 167 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 11:26 AM   #49
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Re: Northam, Warren, Fairfax...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian_dangerfield View Post
Mel has 9 lives in regard to this stuff. First was the "I'm not an ant-Semite... I'm an alcoholic." Then it was, "I'm not a racist... I have a rage problem."

My guess is, given he made like $300mil off Passion of the Christ, on top of a shit-ton of money he already had, and has since been involved with a couple of decent grossing hits, he's a silent investor in a lot of projects.

That crap Hollywood spouts about inclusion and #metoo at the Oscars and Golden Globes is obviously mostly bullshit. When those people need $$$, or someone to plug a funding hole, they'll get in bed with Mel all day long. Do a little research on fossil fuel moguls investing in Hollywood. These people cry about the environment all day long and then take checks from TX oil barons.

Mel gets a pass in Hollywood because Hollywood is nihilistic. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes the folks in whose projects he invests grovel for it. (Never get drinks or food with Hollywood sorts. T Rex arms when the check comes.)
Google Mel Gibson girlfriend voicemail- for him to be front and center at #metoo Oscars was obscene.