LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 144
1 members and 143 guests
Tyrone Slothrop
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 06:49 PM   #3680
sebastian_dangerfield

Re: Deneuve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
In context yeah they did. Say the words "I'm sorry, I misread."

so in discussing a real world problem, where you yourself say basically every woman you know has been a victim, to at least some extent, you propose changing the way men and women approach each other? How will we achieve the goal? Shock collars on the men for a generation or two? And NVM that it wouldn't address the problem in society, or even that mentioned in the article you link. In fact, what you've done is contrary to the article.

The article's point is Harvey et al do not justify bringing down a man who flirts etc. You follow up with, "let's ignore the Harvey's, and change society to remove the man's urge to flirt etc." I'm know I'm in a vortex here, and you just post shit, and I am now done. By my god, have some intellectual standards.
I didn’t misread. You’re having it both ways.

I am ignoring the Harveys. I cop to that. I’m more interested in the meta question of how and why the social structures that govern our sexual behaviors have emerged as they have. They seem quite artificial and bizarre to me. They always have. So yes, I’m “jumping off,” and you can change the channel, or ignore me.

Deneuve addressed flirting. I said, why not remove the man’s need to do it. That’s not contrary to Deneuve. It’s taking her focus in a different direction. My point and hers are much more closely related than my focus and yours.

And you’re offering no intellectual rigor. You’re censoring, and strangely insisting people stick to what you wish to discuss.

I have no obligation to stick to any topic, nor do you.