LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 139
0 members and 139 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 10:58 AM   #2343
Not Bob

All you need are looks and a whole lot of money.

Actual fashion question - does anyone have wisdom to share on Thomas Pink dress shirts? IIRC, Sebby may have worn them in his “swingin free in Hickeys” phase.

Many moons ago, I was frustrated when I thought that the Paul Fredrick shirts had declined in quality, and DC Chef (sniff) recommended John W. Nordstrom shirts to me. Chef, as usual, was correct.

However, it has increasingly gotten harder to find JWN shirts in white or even blue. I’ve tried Tyrwitt and they’re ok, but not quite it. I keep a few Brooks Brothers non-iron shirts (which still have to be sorta ironed, but still) around, but I’m not a huge fan of their regular shirts. I’ve gone back to Paul Fredrick, and they’re better than before, but they don’t seem to stay white very long and even the magic dust that the cleaners use don’t help.

I’ve done some research and it seems that Pinks are well regarded. But they ain’t cheap. If they’re worth it, great, but I am reluctant to experiment without hearing from my Imaginary Friends. So, any pearls of wisdom?
Not Bob is offline   Reply With Quote