LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 119
0 members and 119 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 10:06 PM   #3710
sebastian_dangerfield

Re: Mother, mother, mother - there's too many of you crying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedy,Greedy,Greedy View Post
Isn't he the core conservative message? I mean, I have trouble telling his views apart from those of, say, Newt Gingrich. And Newt Gingrich does too.

He is clearly what Fox News' rapey hosts were thinking of over the last twenty years during their wet dreams.

Damn girl, you got a Che poster somewhere?
Trump's anathema to Buckley in this simple regard: Buckley listened. He had people on his show, he had friends, who were serious liberals. I think he grasped that conservatism, like liberalism, or progressivism, is an incomplete ideology.

Which ideology isn't? Is there a complete one? Would you want this country run exclusively by conservatives? Liberals? Progressives? Libertarians? Each is a doomsday scenario.

But Buckley's pushing up daisies. He won't be on after the evening news, talking policy with Galbraith.

And the days of Reagan and O'Neill doing deals? Do you think we'll ever see that again... in this WWE tournament of nihilists?

American conservatism coughed up any credibility it had when it got in bed with Jerry Falwell, and conceded the environment. A conservative conserves resources. And no matter how much he thinks the liberals are taking over, he doesn't get in bed with the Religious Fantasists (yes, I know, that’s redundant).

Last edited by sebastian_dangerfield; 01-13-2018 at 01:46 PM..