LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 471
0 members and 471 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 11:19 AM   #1680
Icky Thump

Re: Apropos of nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adder View Post
The absolute worst is when someone who cannot write decides to rework your memo when you're just trying to get the damn thing to the client. Especially when said person make me look like dtb with respect to grammar.
I worked with a woman (topic of a prior board flaming) who rewrote every single word of a brief I did. Every. Single. Word. She changed every "who" to "whom" and every "nevertheless" to "however" "irregardless" of context.

Then on the second draft, she changed every "whom" to "who" and every "however" to "nevertheless" and asked me who taught me English and what my first language was.

She was eventually busted from partner to associate to out the fucking door.

Come to think of it, once when we had a GA getogether I got a message from her at home at 9:00 the Friday before Memorial day. My wife, thinking it was me checking messages, let it go to voicemail without listening.

When I got home at 11:00 or so, I listened:
"Icky -- I don't know where the fuck you think you are going this weekend or what fucking plans you think you have, but you had better change them to working here all weekend on the ** brief with me."