LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 148
0 members and 148 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 04:15 PM   #28
Adder
I am beyond a rank!

Re: Objectively intelligent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
From a friend's Facebook- he immigrated from Iraq after serving as an aide during the second Iraq War. For context he is very anti-current Iraqi government, especially the behavior during the recent protests.

Whether the president is republican or democrat today is irrelevant, the situation with Iran would have been the same, the Bush and Obama's policies toward Iraq were disastrous, the Bush administration didn't figure out how to stabilize Iraq until the last year of his residency and their plan needed couple of years to work (first few years of Obama's presidency) but Obama who ran on ending the Iraq war didn't want to wait long enough for Iraq to stabilize so he pulled out the troops right after Iraq was stabilizing, Obama's biggest mistake was giving Iran a seat at the table of the Iraqi politics, any Prime Minister should be approved by Iran like Maliky which the Obama admins admitted that it was a mistake by allowing Iran to keep Maliky in power even though he didn't win the elections back in 2010.

Anyhow, since the US pulled it's troops, Iran have build many many armed militias, they are all anti Americans and pro Iran, they are stronger than the Iraqi military, they control peoples lives, they kidnap, they bomb, they kill all this while destroying the Iraq economy, people have no jobs, no electricity, no safety, they see their wealth controlled by Iran and corrupt politicians, so they took the street protesting.
Iran have gotten way stronger than they were because they control more and more of Iraq everyday.
the Iraqi protesters didn't choose to leave their country and travel to Europe through the sea, they chose to fix their country and since they started, the Iranian militias been kidnapping them and kill them, then they these militias started attacking military bases.

What would any president do? even if Trump is benefiting from this, its still the right thing to do, and a democratic president would have done the same, its either that or leave Iraq and let Iran to officially take over and get more and more strong.

Trump did the right thing in hitting Iran, I just hope he doesn't leave things half way or undone like Bush and Obama, I loved Obama and voted for him but always criticized his Iraq/foreign policy, and just because I'm not a Trump fan doesn't mean I won't agree with this.
Interesting perspective. Thanks for sharing.

Leaving aside the legalities (which have been muddied by prior administration practice), my primary concern isn't so much getting rid of this guy as where it leads and whether this administration has planned carefully for it. I have zero faith that it has.