LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 115
0 members and 115 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2003, 10:50 PM   #8
Say_hello_for_me
Theo rests his case

Random accolades (Cook County Treasurer)

So I had a suspicion that my second installment '02 taxes were not paid by my mortgagor when only one payment was shown on paper at income tax time. The suspicion grew stronger when the mortgagor, Wells Fargo, mailed me a check a week ago for approximately the value of a tax payment.

Well, if you want to find out whether your taxes are paid, all you need to do is email the cook county treasurer's customer service address with your PIN number and question.

It took them 1 business day to tell me that my taxes were sold at auction on April 1, 2003. While my old mortgagor (Draper & Kramer) and my new mortgagor (Wells Fargo) get thumbs down for flubbing this in the first place, the Cook County Treasurer's Office (Maria Pappas) gets the highest marks for responsiveness to my inquiry. They gave me three different ways to contact the organization which I would deal with the redeem the taxes (though that will be done by the mortgagor). Since we are 10 or 100 times more likely to note something publicly when we are angry, I figured it would be nice to just once say that someone is doing a pretty good job.

Hello

Say_hello_for_me is offline   Reply With Quote