LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 300
0 members and 300 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2004, 11:13 PM   #32
Shape Shifter
World Ruler

Adware or other potential problem?

Quote:
Originally posted by Diane_Keaton
HI> I"M CONSTANTLY HIT BY Spyware. I have no idea if this is the cause but sometimes my computer does things (not just pop up windows) that I didn't ask it to do. Example: it all capped the first few words of this post.

1. Do you think this weird computer behavior is a result of adware?

2. Even though I use adware to delete all the stuff that shows up, it keeps coming back. Is there not a place on the computer where you can tell the computer never to allow anything from a particular website? Then I could at least "block" things like "purityscan" which seem to always make it on the computer;

Thanks a bunchs!
Adaware solved most of my problems. I already had spybot, so I don't know how effective that will be. I have heard they are releasing an updated version soon. I would also suggest changing your browser from Explorer (I'll assume that's what you're using) to something like Mozilla. I haven't had too many problems since switching. HANK IS AN ASSHOLE! Of course, no system is perfect.

Last edited by Shape Shifter; 07-18-2004 at 11:17 PM..
Shape Shifter is offline   Reply With Quote