So Vbulletin finally has moved to a release candidate for its new version, Vbulletin 3.0. Hopefully this means that the gold version, meaning the version that is safe to put on this board, will be along soon.
We actually use two pieces of software to run this board. The forums themselves use Vbulletin, but all the side stuff is actually something called Vbportal. The version of Vbportal we are presently using will not work with the new Vbulletin, and the company that designs Vbportal has a while to go before it is ready.
So my question is this. Do you want us to wait for the upgrade until we can use both pieces of software, or do you just want us to upgrade Vbulletin, stripping out the vbportal until it is ready. This would leave us with just the board itself.
The upgrade of Vbulletin 3.0 has a lot of new features that are hard for me to describe, so feel free to take a look at it here http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/index.php?
I do not know when Vbportal will have their upgrade done. Their site doesn't give any information on when it will be completed.