LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > Welcome/News > Welcome/News

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 256
0 members and 256 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 11:40 AM   #1
leagleaze
I didn't do it.

Welcome!

Welcome my friends to our new home.

As you can see it is a bit more advanced than our old home. Advanced, but not more complicated. I think in fact you will find it easier to use.

Here we have an integration of two different pieces of software. Vbulletin and Vbportal. The board itself has been purchased from a company that is presently working on an upgrade. That upgrade will include the index we have been seeking. As soon as it is ready and stable, we will install it.

If you want to see what that board looks like please click here http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/index.php

For the meanwhile, we have made some decisions on how to run this board in order to take advantage of the format, while still making people comfortable with how it is organized. In essence, this means that on the smaller boards we will allow members to create new threads.

Through the generous donations of some of our members we have been able to move to a more professional format. Thank you to those of you who have given to keep this board moving forward.

So where are we now? Well, funding has enabled us to do some things we couldn't do before.

(1) We are now paying for our hosting and have our own Virtual Private Server. Hopefully this will resolve the downtime problems we had. We thank Morgan and EDKhosting for the time they gave us, and we wish them well.

(2) We have purchased software that is more stable and more robust. This might not be obvious on the user side, but it is very much so to those of us running the board in terms of how much easier it is to change things and help the users.

(3) We have hired people to install and customize this software for us as needed. We will continue to use professionals to help us with major changes.

So who was involved in putting this together? Numerous people. Several people helped us to choose the format. SlaveNoMore put on his fund raising hat and found the donors, and some of you served as beta testers to help make sure the board works properly.

I would like to make a special point of thanking MR, he has done more work to get both this and the other board running than you can begin to imagine.

So my thanks to all the people, those I have named and those who have been in the background, for helping to create this board.

I hope you like it.

Leagleaze
Old 03-28-2003, 09:30 AM   #2
Mmmm, Burger (C.J.)

Talking Great work, all

I'm sure it's been really frustrating having to recreate this concept from scratch several times. But I really appreciate all the effort you've put into it. Each place has looked better than the last, even though we have to keep moving. Anyway, the bookmark still works, so no skin off my back. So thanks, leagl, MR, slave, and all the rest.
Old 03-28-2003, 10:40 AM   #3
leagleaze
I didn't do it.

:)

Thank you
Closed Thread