LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > The Fashionable

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 303
0 members and 303 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Old 12-19-2016, 09:57 AM   #2086
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy

Re: No Faith in the Moral Standards of the Players as a Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Sooo, I grew up in an all white lower middle class neighborhood- poor white people are the best racist, they have shit to be pissed about, and add to it knowing who to blame! My parents were less racist than the neighbors, and we at least were raised to give people a chance?

I never talked politics with my sister. Just never came up. But due to the wonder of FB I learned that her entire fam, my sis/BIL and both nieces, are big Trump supporters!

One niece just got married. My daughter went to the bachelorette weekend in Chicago, and lots of the bridesmaids mom's went with. At a dinner one of the BM's mom got angry with the waitress, who was a black women. Among other slurs this women attacked the work ethic of people of that race.

now one might think my sister would distance herself from this person because the person is vile. But she instead apologized to my daughter privately; why? We think because she has a black SIL, which is weird. Like my family is more sensitive/offended to/by hate?

But at least it was good my sis saw that this was not okay.

Now she posts police lives matter shit, okay, they do, not the real issue, but yeah. Then a week ago she posts this "news" article- "White cop about to go maternity leave murdered by black thugs!"

I wrote her and asked she take it down. She did, but a few days ago she asked me why I asked her to take it down. Really? I think FB is either great because you can see who is evil, or it's horrible because you can see too much?
Congratulations, you are now a member of the despised elite.
Old 12-19-2016, 10:01 AM   #2087
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Re: Sigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by notcasesensitive View Post
While we were at the bar? No. He had no ring and no ring mark, but it was just a friendly conversation with not even that much flirting.

When we were talking in his room over drinks? We had the cursory prior relationships talk where I listed my two big ones and he told me that he had never married because no one was ever ok with his travel schedule. And he showed me a picture of his dog and when I asked who watched it when he was traveling he told me that he had a neighbor who took care of him. He also didn't mention the wife or kid during the part of the discussion when he told me why he moved from Brooklyn to LI by JFK. I'd say solidly 3 affirmative lies.

The internet tells me that he's married (thanks, spokeo!) and when I figured out which listed relative is his wife, her Facebook page told me that he has a 14 year old son and he doesn't wear a wedding ring (the single photo that includes him on her page shows him sans ring). His wife (they went to the same college) is also Not Cute (nttawwt) and Basic AF (mtswwt). He does not use Facebook or other social networking stuff as far as I can tell.
AF? Mtswwr?
Old 12-19-2016, 10:23 AM   #2088
notcasesensitive
Flaired.

Quote:
AF? Mtswwr?
As Fuck. Maybe there's something wrong with that.
Old 12-19-2016, 10:53 AM   #2089
Adder
I am beyond a rank!

Quote:
You kids and your lingo are confusing (af) for old people like me & Hank.
Adder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 10:59 AM   #2090
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adder View Post
You kids and your lingo are confusing (af) for old people like me & Hank.
Look, Dad, get with the times.

I think ncs ought to toy with this one a bit. Maybe tell him she's found him out and will only see him again if he makes a clean break.
Old 12-19-2016, 11:09 AM   #2091
ThurgreedMarshall
[intentionally omitted]

Quote:
Here's a story from the trenches of the uncoupled:

Last night a girlfriend of mine who lives next door to a swanky local hotel with a lively bar scene had a holiday party. After her party I walked over to the hotel to grab a drink at the bar before calling an uber.

The bar was full of people who were at a fight (boxing match) at the Forum. A bunch of Long Islanders/NYers were there for an afterparty because the guy who won the fight was from LI and was staying at the hotel. I ended up talking to a cute, age appropriate, single guy at the bar who was in town as part of the tv production team for the fight. We liked each other. The bar closed.

I went up to his room with him and we spent some time talking, making out (PG-13 level stuff), drinking. He was leaving on a flight this morning but travels a lot for work and will be back in LA next month. I left around 5 in an uber thinking this might be a fun diversion. I really liked this guy, which is rare for me.

So guess what dealbreaker I figured out after a quick google search of him today?
Long Island? Trump supporter.

TM
ThurgreedMarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 11:16 AM   #2092
ThurgreedMarshall
[intentionally omitted]

Re: No Faith in the Moral Standards of the Players as a Group

Quote:
I think FB is either great because you can see who is evil, or it's horrible because you can see too much?
It really is amazing what fb uncovers. There are people I've known for years who post the most disgusting shit. And I don't care how many cops you have in your family, if your first reaction to an unarmed black man losing his life to police is to post some Blue Lives Matter bullshit, I'm done with you.

TM
ThurgreedMarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 11:26 AM   #2093
Hank Chinaski

Quote:
By the way, there are some 250,000 amnesiacs in the US alone. They forget, the internet doesn't. So they are routinely seen as liars.
Old 12-19-2016, 11:33 AM   #2094
Not Bob

Quote:
While we were at the bar? No. He had no ring and no ring mark, but it was just a friendly conversation with not even that much flirting.

When we were talking in his room over drinks? We had the cursory prior relationships talk where I listed my two big ones and he told me that he had never married because no one was ever ok with his travel schedule. And he showed me a picture of his dog and when I asked who watched it when he was traveling he told me that he had a neighbor who took care of it. He also didn't mention the wife or kid during the part of the discussion when he told me why he moved from Brooklyn to LI by JFK. I'd say solidly 3 affirmative lies.

The internet tells me that he's married (thanks, spokeo!) and when I figured out which listed relative is his wife, her Facebook page told me that he has a 14 year old son and he doesn't wear a wedding ring (the single public photo that includes him on her page shows him sans ring). His wife (they went to the same college) is also Not Cute (nttawwt) and Basic AF (mtswwt). He does not use Facebook or other social networking stuff as far as I can tell.
That sucks. On the plus side, he must be Not Bright to think that you couldn't figure all of this out in less than an hour. Single or married, he's too dumb for you.
Not Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 01:52 PM   #2095
notcasesensitive
Flaired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Bob View Post
That sucks. On the plus side, he must be Not Bright to think that you couldn't figure all of this out in less than an hour. Single or married, he's too dumb for you.
So many people are! One downside of (1) no longer being a lawyer and (2) living in LA is that the number of really smart people I run into on a daily basis is exceedingly low. So if any of my lawyer friends care to set me up, I'd entertain promising leads.
Old 12-19-2016, 07:20 PM   #2097
Icky Thump

Quote:
So many people are! One downside of (1) no longer being a lawyer and (2) living in LA is that the number of really smart people I run into on a daily basis is exceedingly low. So if any of my lawyer friends care to set me up, I'd entertain promising leads.
On another note, about a year ago I hired a very bright paralegal who is stellar.

Only problem I saw is when she hung up a picture of the QB of a hated rival team. My son passed by her desk one day when she wasn't there and said "Shame you have to fire her even though she is good."
Old 12-19-2016, 07:24 PM   #2098
Icky Thump

Quote:
while we were at the bar? No. He had no ring and no ring mark, but it was just a friendly conversation with not even that much flirting.

When we were talking in his room over drinks? We had the cursory prior relationships talk where i listed my two big ones and he told me that he had never married because no one was ever ok with his travel schedule. And he showed me a picture of his dog and when i asked who watched it when he was traveling he told me that he had a neighbor who took care of it. He also didn't mention the wife or kid during the part of the discussion when he told me why he moved from brooklyn to li by jfk. I'd say solidly 3 affirmative lies.

The internet tells me that he's married (thanks, spokeo!) and when i figured out which listed relative is his wife, her facebook page told me that he has a 14 year old son and he doesn't wear a wedding ring (the single public photo that includes him on her page shows him sans ring). His wife (they went to the same college) is also not cute (nttawwt) and basic af (mtswwt). He does not use facebook or other social networking stuff as far as i can tell.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 12-19-2016, 10:17 PM   #2099
Hank Chinaski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky Thump View Post
On another note, about a year ago I hired a very bright paralegal who is stellar.

Only problem I saw is when she hung up a picture of the QB of a hated rival team. My son passed by her desk one day when she wasn't there and said "Shame you have to fire her even though she is good."
Don't get this. The Lions have never been good in my entire lifetime , so "rival" doesn't make sense. The Jets have been good, what, 3 years? That can't be a blood feud?
Old 12-20-2016, 05:47 AM   #2100
Icky Thump

Quote:
Don't get this. The Lions have never been good in my entire lifetime , so "rival" doesn't make sense. The Jets have been good, what, 3 years? That can't be a blood feud?
Again, tis old thing and she is still here. Only rival jets have this year is salmonella.