LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > The Fashionable

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 145
0 members and 145 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 10:14 AM   #1741
Replaced_Texan
Random Syndicate (admin)

Question Uniquely Suited to the Talents of this Group

Quote:
Originally posted by dtb
I'm sure one of you (probably more than one of you) saw the article on the front page of the WSJ the other day that talked about some debaucherous bachelor party given for some Fidelity (?) trader. (If you didn't, it was about a debaucherous bachelor party given for some Fidelity (?) trader.)

Anyway, as part of the festivities, the throwers of the party included a dwarf as entertainment. Now, my question for all you pervs is: WT Hell does one do with a dwarf for entertainment?

This is an important question. Please reply promptly!!
My guess is this guy could tell you. (Spree: the smoking gun)
"In the olden days before the internet, you'd take this sort of person for a ride out into the woods and shoot them, as Darwin intended, before he could spawn."--Will the Vampire People Leave the Lobby? pg 79
Old 07-20-2005, 10:15 AM   #1742
futbol fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ThurgreedMarshall
my next bachelor party
Warm 40s and a train on yo momma again? At least spring for a midget this time, you cheap bastard.

Old 07-20-2005, 10:28 AM   #1743
Alex_de_Large
halfsharkalligatorhalfmod

TDF

Andreas Kloden is out! He was aparently suffering ill effects from a fall two days ago in which is injured his wrist.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:35 AM   #1744
taxwonk
Wild Rumpus Facilitator

Quote:
Originally posted by dtb
I'm sure one of you (probably more than one of you) saw the article on the front page of the WSJ the other day that talked about some debaucherous bachelor party given for some Fidelity (?) trader. (If you didn't, it was about a debaucherous bachelor party given for some Fidelity (?) trader.)

Anyway, as part of the festivities, the throwers of the party included a dwarf as entertainment. Now, my question for all you pervs is: WT Hell does one do with a dwarf for entertainment?

This is an important question. Please reply promptly!!
You've never heard of the ancient and honorable sport of dwarf-tossing? Where have you been, in a cave?

ETA okay, so you have heard of dwarf-tossing. But honestly, I can't think of a better way to raise the level of debauchery at any event.

The cave reference was meant as a Socratic metaphor, BTW, not as an insult. You know I still love you. Come away with me to Prague, and we will toast our love over pilsners and sausage kolaches.

Last edited by taxwonk; 07-20-2005 at 10:39 AM..
Old 07-20-2005, 10:39 AM   #1745
greatwhitenorthchick
Steaming Hot

e-bay guilt trip

I used auctionsniper to get Yankees-Red Sox tickets for 9/10 on e-bay for my boyfriend for his birthday. I'm not giving him the tickets until mid-August when his birthday rolls around. This girl who I outbid is now giving me a sob story about how she really wanted the tickets for her husband's birthday and they have already bought their tickets to New York and I outbid her in the last 10 seconds and she really really wanted the tickets and boo hoo. I feel kind of bad - does anyone know how easy it is to get tickets between now and mid-August? My instinct is to hang on to them - on the other hand, if there are a lot of tickets out there, I could sell them to her and get some more.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:41 AM   #1746
Penske_Account
WacKtose Intolerant

The Nanny Diaries are online (again)

Quote:
So, Jude law cheats. Okay. Who hasn't? But if you're Jude Law, rich, handsome, charming, why the fuck would you waste one on this?

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

TM
I can think of worse to have affairs with, but then again maybe powerful, bloated and charming gets uglier women than handsome, rich and charming.

eta: Katie Couric just called Law's nanny a hottie

Old 07-20-2005, 10:43 AM   #1747
robustpuppy

e-bay guilt trip

Quote:
Originally posted by greatwhitenorthchick
I used auctionsniper to get Yankees-Red Sox tickets for 9/10 on e-bay for my boyfriend for his birthday. I'm not giving him the tickets until mid-August when his birthday rolls around. This girl who I outbid is now giving me a sob story about how she really wanted the tickets for her husband's birthday and they have already bought their tickets to New York and I outbid her in the last 10 seconds and she really really wanted the tickets and boo hoo. I feel kind of bad - does anyone know how easy it is to get tickets between now and mid-August? My instinct is to hang on to them - on the other hand, if there are a lot of tickets out there, I could sell them to her and get some more.
Oh please. Boo hoo indeed. Like there's nothing else to do in NYC than go to a game if they can't get tix otherwise? Worst case scenario is that they fucking go to Yankee Stadium on game day and buy them from a scalper or some schmoe whose friends blew him off at the last minute.

On the other hand, how much is she offering? Maybe her boo hoo premium is worth taking.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:45 AM   #1748
barely_legal
I am beyond a rank!

e-bay guilt trip

Quote:
I bet the "girl" is Str8 and that he plans to scalp the tickets on gameday for twice whatever he's offering you. Don't do it!
Old 07-20-2005, 10:46 AM   #1749
futbol fan

e-bay guilt trip

Quote:
Originally posted by robustpuppy
Oh please. Boo hoo indeed. Like there's nothing else to do in NYC than go to a game if they can't get tix otherwise? Worst case scenario is that they fucking go to Yankee Stadium on game day and buy them from a scalper or some schmoe whose friends blew him off at the last minute.

On the other hand, how much is she offering? Maybe her boo hoo premium is worth taking.
Have I told you lately that I love you?

Old 07-20-2005, 10:52 AM   #1750
ABBAKiss
Genius Known As ABBAKiss

Quote:
Originally posted by Penske_Account
I can think of worse to have affairs with, but then again maybe powerful, bloated and charming gets uglier women than handsome, rich and charming.

eta: Katie Couric just called Law's nanny a hottie
Isn't Jude Law like 5'6"? I don't think he is any more attractive than this chick.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:54 AM   #1751
dtb
I am beyond a rank!

e-bay guilt trip

Quote:
First of all: BOYFRIEND?!?

Second of all: Fuck that shit. If she really wanted the tickets, she could have used auction sniper too (and have used my id to get me some free snipes!). Do NOT give them to her, or sell them to her. (Hmmm. I have tickets that I could sell -- I know I have some for Yankees/Red Sox in September, but I'm not sure if it's 9/10 -- perhaps we could gauge this rube, and make some sort of arrangement, iykwim.)
Old 07-20-2005, 10:56 AM   #1752
greatwhitenorthchick
Steaming Hot

Quote:
Originally posted by ABBAKiss
Isn't Jude Law like 5'6"? I don't think he is any more attractive than this chick.
Agreed. While I am drawn to this story because I think Sienna Miller is hot, I have never seen the appeal of Jude Law. He looks shrunken and kind of weird.

Tickets update: she is not offering that much, so I don't think I'll take her up on it. The tickets overlook home plate and are in section 2 row X. Is that good? I went to the Yankee Stadium site and the view looked ok.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:04 AM   #1753
NotFromHere
No title

Quote:
Agreed. While I am drawn to this story because I think Sienna Miller is hot, I have never seen the appeal of Jude Law. He looks shrunken and kind of weird.

Tickets update: she is not offering that much, so I don't think I'll take her up on it. The tickets overlook home plate and are in section 2 row X. Is that good? I went to the Yankee Stadium site and the view looked ok.
There are dozens of tickets available on stubhub and I'm sure a few other places. Tell her to get them there. Unless there was some magic to those particular seats, she can still get tickets. And tell her to quit bugging you.

And wow there are $1500 tickets available at tixxtogo. I bet they're awesome. That better be right next to Jeter on the bench.

Last edited by NotFromHere; 07-20-2005 at 11:07 AM..
Old 07-20-2005, 11:10 AM   #1754
dtb
I am beyond a rank!

Quote:
Jude Law looked fine in that movie with Matt Damon -- Mr Ripley or something? Other than that -- not so appealing.

I do think he's a good actor, though.

Was there a movie made last year that he wasn't in?
Old 07-20-2005, 11:12 AM   #1755
Shape Shifter
World Ruler

Quote:
Thanks, but do you even realize what you've just done?

To keep the peace over here, I have to invite Shifter to my next bachelor party, now.

TM
I'm not that short. At least not on the internet.