LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > Politics

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 92
0 members and 92 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 01:33 PM   #4981
sebastian_dangerfield

Re: I'm impressed....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop View Post
Tax gun sales enough to make state colleges and universities free.
Fine by me.

And let in more immigrants. Push out the dumb white entitled mentality that sits behind this stupid new nationalism in favor of innovation and ambition.
Old 03-26-2018, 01:51 PM   #4982
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian_dangerfield View Post
Fine by me.

And let in more immigrants. Push out the dumb white entitled mentality that sits behind this stupid new nationalism in favor of innovation and ambition.
It's just too bad that both parties are the same on these issues, amirite?
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar
Old 03-26-2018, 02:07 PM   #4983
SlaveNoMore
Consigliere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedy,Greedy,Greedy View Post
...listening to a bunch of kids give us hope.
A bunch of kids - kids, as you note, parroting a paid-for, Astro-turfed, fascist line of trying to take away my Constitutional rights, whilst simultaneously complaining about now having to use a plastic backpack. Ugh.

The only "Hope" I have is that these dimwits actually ever get a job, and pay for our time at the Social Security trough.

Per Sebby, and automation, that may not happen.

Quote:
Our Country's biggest problem isn't either Bolton or guns, it's the morons. Like third party voters. They deserve Bolton.
I assume you mean Michael. And, on that, we agree!

SNM
Old 03-26-2018, 02:08 PM   #4984
sebastian_dangerfield

Quote:
It's just too bad that both parties are the same on these issues, amirite?
The gun tax would provide about .000000000000005 percent of what's needed to provide free college to all students.

On immigrants the Ds are much better. But that's one issue of many. In aggregate, the parties' respective baskets of policies provide roughly the same fix for what ails small businesses and American workers: None.

Last edited by sebastian_dangerfield; 03-26-2018 at 02:10 PM..
Old 03-26-2018, 02:19 PM   #4985
SlaveNoMore
Consigliere

Quote:
sebastian_dangerfield:

Last I checked, the innovative and ambitious immigrants are the ones that want to assimilate and become "nationalistic".

When did you go all-in on the open-border, Cato Institute, policy?

SN(nothing to add)M
Old 03-26-2018, 02:35 PM   #4986
sebastian_dangerfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlaveNoMore View Post
Last I checked, the innovative and ambitious immigrants are the ones that want to assimilate and become "nationalistic".

When did you go all-in on the open-border, Cato Institute, policy?

SN(nothing to add)M
I don't think those immigrants become "nationalistic." I think they become perhaps patriotic. The former is a dead ender mentality; the latter is what we're supposed to do (melting pot, etc.).

Dude, PA is flooded with angry, entitled whites. I'm fucking tired of hearing their shit. Most are failures because of bad decisions, deflecting blame. And now they have this demagogue and feel emboldened.

And the affluent ones are even worse... I have to sit and listen to their bullshit, parroted from Hannity. And it's always the same story at core: "I'm overspending, and rather than live within my means, which are not insubstantial, I'll instead complain about taxes. Because West Palm isn't enough. I think I deserve Jupiter Island."

Also, my family came here between 1830s and 1910. I'm a firm believer that you need to constantly replenish the soil with new minds. I don't want any asshole who wishes to install Sharia coming over, but let's face it -- those are .000005 of immigrants. Let in talented, hard working people who wish to improve their lives. How can you lose by doing that? (And we'd better do it soon, because we're not looking like such an improvement over most other countries anymore. If we hadn't our many excellent universities, I don't think half of the young immigrants would come here.)

And it is rare when you find daylight between me and Cato. (Though I do favor reasonable gun regulation. Background checks seem totally sensible to me.)

Last edited by sebastian_dangerfield; 03-26-2018 at 02:38 PM..
Old 03-26-2018, 02:37 PM   #4987
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy

Quote:
A bunch of kids - kids, as you note, parroting a paid-for, Astro-turfed, fascist line of trying to take away my Constitutional rights, whilst simultaneously complaining about now having to use a plastic backpack. Ugh.

The only "Hope" I have is that these dimwits actually ever get a job, and pay for our time at the Social Security trough.
My Lord, you are a self-parody!

Have you gotten off your ass and gotten out of mid-level management yet? Then you won't have to rely on social security.
Old 03-26-2018, 02:38 PM   #4988
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Quote:
trying to take away my Constitutional rights
If Russia was threatening to invade Alaska, and the military wanted to sent lots of troops up there and decided it would be best for defense purposes to quarter troops on private land, would you be OK with that because of the Russian threat, or would you say, fuck that, our Third Amendment rights cannot be violated?
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar
Old 03-26-2018, 02:39 PM   #4989
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy

Quote:
I don't think those immigrants become "nationalistic." I think they become perhaps patriotic. The former is a dead ender mentality; the latter is what we're supposed to do (melting pot, etc.).

Dude, PA is flooded with angry, entitled whites. I'm fucking tired of hearing their shit. Most are failures because of bad decisions, deflecting blame. And now they have this demagogue and feel emboldened.

And the affluent ones are even worse... I have to sit and listen to their bullshit, parroted from Hannity. And it's always the same story at core: "I'm overspending, and rather than live within my means, which are not insubstantial, I'll instead complain about taxes. Because West Palm isn't enough. I think I deserve Jupiter Island."

Also, my family came here between 1830s and 1910. I'm a firm believer that you need to constantly replenish the soil with new minds. I don't want any asshole who wishes to install Sharia coming over, but let's face it -- those are .000005 of immigrants.

And it is rare when you find daylight between me and Cato. (Though I do favor reasonable gun regulation. Background checks seem totally sensible to me.)
A good thing about shave showing up is it brings out the stuff I can find common cause on with Sebby. (My own family came here between 1608 and last year, though - Seb, tell your kids to start marrying immigrants and get rid of that 1910 end date!).
Old 03-26-2018, 03:44 PM   #4990
SlaveNoMore
Consigliere

Quote:
My Lord, you are a self-parody!
And you're still a douchebag! Dilly Dilly!!! (Truly - Thank god nothing ever changes around here.)

Quote:
Have you gotten off your ass and gotten out of mid-level management yet? Then you won't have to rely on social security.
Nope. I've decided to become a lazy Democrat mootch, like you - seems to work. As you approach your 60's, note us "younger" folks opting out.

SlaveNo(GGG=AARP)More
Old 03-26-2018, 03:56 PM   #4991
ThurgreedMarshall
[intentionally omitted]

Quote:
Yeah. So horrible to have to endure children who were literally in the line of fire asking for some common sense laws to protect them.

And you mention this Constitutional "right" like it's unlimited. You know it's not. And if you think that right extends to an AR-15 or some other high-velocity, high capacity, rapid fire (yes, we all know the difference between auto and semi-auto) weapon, you can pound all the sand.

Quote:
Tell your fellow Republicans to stop fucking raiding it.

TM
Old 03-26-2018, 03:57 PM   #4992
SlaveNoMore
Consigliere

Quote:
If Russia was threatening to invade Alaska, and the military wanted to sent lots of troops up there and decided it would be best for defense purposes to quarter troops on private land, would you be OK with that because of the Russian threat, or would you say, fuck that, our Third Amendment rights cannot be violated?
Ty - I'll grant you this, that's a damn good one. Bravo.

Off my head, we need a "prescribed" war, right?

So no, I would think that Amendment is clear. Are you comfortable with President Gavin commandeering Nanook's and his family's igloo for some Neo-Con fake war?

SlaveNo(As you are a Tech Guy, I'd prefer we talk hypos on the 4th)More
Old 03-26-2018, 04:01 PM   #4993
sebastian_dangerfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurgreedMarshall View Post
...pound all the sand.

TM
This is no "suck all the dicks."
Old 03-26-2018, 04:04 PM   #4994
ThurgreedMarshall
[intentionally omitted]

Quote:
This is no "suck all the dicks."
I was trying to be nice. But the fact that that immediately leapt into your mind means it had the desired effect.

TM
Old 03-26-2018, 04:10 PM   #4995
sebastian_dangerfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurgreedMarshall View Post
I was trying to be nice. But the fact that that immediately leapt into your mind means it had the desired effect.

TM
If I know Slave, he sees this as lack of respect. I get all the dicks and he gets sand? You owe him better than that.