LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > The Big Board

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 152
0 members and 152 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Old 08-29-2005, 02:51 PM   #976
Gattigap
Southern charmer

Quote:
Originally posted by robustpuppy
Imagine what you'd have to remember if you woke up in a different bed every time you got trashed.

How could one fit B vitamins, aspirin, water, fritos & slim jims, the detoxifier, condoms, a toothbrush, a small tube of moisturizer, lip balm, her cell phone, ID, cash card, and keys in her little going-out purse?
Well, weed's man bag is quite impressive. He's even got room for a flask, for emergencies.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:51 PM   #977
notcasesensitive
Flaired.

Quote:
Originally posted by Spanky
Here is my solution for avoiding hangovers.

Before going to sleep take:

1) A B Complex multivitamin. Somehow these help the liver process the alcohol and become depleted when you drink. Doctors give B-Vitamin shots to really hungover people.

2) Aspirin - that is before going to bed. I think it thins the blood which helps for some reason. It has to be Aspirin and not some other pain killer. If you take Excedrin the caffein helps speed up the processing of the Alcohol, but may also prevent you from getting to sleep.

3) Water - for dehydration

4) Salty food. - combats diaretic effects and dilutes the alcohol.

5) Sob'r-K Detoxifier. Recommended by Consumer Reports. Absorbs impurities from the Alcohol that cause hangovers (the impurities cause much of the hangover and that is why higher end alcohol causes less of a hangover).
Chaser. Read the box, follow the directions.

I've been doing it for the last year or so to Fabulous results. Only hangovers I've had in the last year resulted from underconsumption of Chasers while drinking.

I am a broken record on this issue.
notcasesensitive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 02:55 PM   #978
paigowprincess

Confidential to PP

Quote:
Originally posted by Stolen Fork
hi
hi
Old 08-29-2005, 02:58 PM   #979
Penske_Account
WacKtose Intolerant

Confidential to PP

Quote:
Originally posted by paigowprincess
hi
Hi!

Penske_Account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 03:05 PM   #980
Spanky
For what it's worth

Quote:
Originally posted by notcasesensitive
Chaser. Read the box, follow the directions.

I've been doing it for the last year or so to Fabulous results. Only hangovers I've had in the last year resulted from underconsumption of Chasers while drinking.

I am a broken record on this issue.
I was using Chaser until I read about Sob'r-k. According to consumer reports they are pretty much the same stuff but Chaser also includes other non needed stuff. In other words you get more of the Carbon filtration with every pill. In addition, Chaser is much more expensive than Sob'r-K (like four times the cost). When you buy Chaser you have to pay for all their advertising and kick backs to the drugstore for getting the prime shelf space.
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 03:07 PM   #981
paigowprincess

Quote:
Here is my solution for avoiding hangovers.

Before going to sleep take:

1) A B Complex multivitamin. Somehow these help the liver process the alcohol and become depleted when you drink. Doctors give B-Vitamin shots to really hungover people.

2) Aspirin - that is before going to bed. I think it thins the blood which helps for some reason. It has to be Aspirin and not some other pain killer. If you take Excedrin the caffein helps speed up the processing of the Alcohol, but may also prevent you from getting to sleep.

3) Water - for dehydration

4) Salty food. - combats diaretic effects and dilutes the alcohol.

5) Sob'r-K Detoxifier. Recommended by Consumer Reports. Absorbs impurities from the Alcohol that cause hangovers (the impurities cause much of the hangover and that is why higher end alcohol causes less of a hangover).
Has anyone here ever gone to the doctor for being really hungover? Didn't think so.

Wherecan one buy this Sob'r K stuff?
Old 08-29-2005, 03:11 PM   #982
Spanky
For what it's worth

Quote:
Has anyone here ever gone to the doctor for being really hungover? Didn't think so.

I had friends in LA that did. And the doctor gave them B vitamin shots.

I ordered Sob'r-k on the internet.
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 03:11 PM   #983
paigowprincess

Confidential to PP

Quote:
Originally posted by Penske_Account
Hi!
whiff
Old 08-29-2005, 03:15 PM   #984
paigowprincess

Quote:
I had friends in LA that did. And the doctor gave them B vitamin shots.

I ordered Sob'r-k on the internet.
The apostrophe and dash are google deterrants. Just bring me a bottle at the next happy hour.

Does this stuff prevent the liver cell holocaust that ensures from all the hooch? Or just the symptoms?

I think if you are going to the doctor for a severe hangover, you might want to make a pitstop at your local AA meeting, bc I think you have a problem.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:15 PM   #985
sebastian_dangerfield

Quote:

Years ago... Half a bottle of Wild Turkey 101, half a pack of Marlboro Reds and about 20 whip its and untold bong hits and beers. My stomach felt like someone had poured lava into it. Thought an ulcer had finally burst.

The doc questioned me about the previous night's activities. It was during his jogging of my memory that I recalled the late nite drive to Taco Bell. None of the booze did me in - the culprit was the damned seven layer burritos and mexican pizzas.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:19 PM   #986
paigowprincess

Quote:
Originally posted by sebastian_dangerfield
Years ago... Half a bottle of Wild Turkey 101, half a pack of Marlboro Reds and about 20 whip its and untold bong hits and beers. My stomach felt like someone had poured lava into it. Thought an ulcer had finally burst.

The doc questioned me about the previous night's activities. It was during his jogging of my memory that I recalled the late nite drive to Taco Bell. None of the booze did me in - the culprit was the damned seven layer burritos and mexican pizzas.

What precipitated the decision to see the doctor? I would not haev known that a doctor could help. Only time and a xanax or two. Were you lying in bed lin pain and decided you couldnt take it and drove to the ER? Were you so lifeless that your frat cats threw you in the back of the volvo wagon out of concern?

I didn't know ulcers burst. I thought they were open sores on the inside.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:24 PM   #987
sebastian_dangerfield

Quote:
What precipitated the decision to see the doctor? I would not haev known that a doctor could help. Only time and a xanax or two. Were you lying in bed lin pain and decided you couldnt take it and drove to the ER? Were you so lifeless that your frat cats threw you in the back of the volvo wagon out of concern?

It really hurt. Searing pain like never before, up the esophagus further than ever before. Felt like a heart attack (or what I'm told a heart attack feels like).

I drove. Xanax only cures the detox jitters. This wasn't a detox thing. It was more a stomach issue.

One of my best friends had to take his wife to the hospital after their wedding to get a fluid IV. She got obliterated at the ceremony. After a lil fluid, she got right on the plane for the Carribean.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:24 PM   #988
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Quote:

I was walking home blind once in college and slipped on black ice. It turned out I cracked a rib. The next morning I had pain but no memory. Over the next few days I convinvced myself it was angina and I went to the emergency room.

Is a drunk induced broken rib broadly a "hangover?"
Old 08-29-2005, 03:28 PM   #989
SlaveNoMore
Consigliere

Huh?

Why does any of this babble have to do with law - and why isn't it being posted on the FB?
SlaveNoMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 03:30 PM   #990
Replaced_Texan
Random Syndicate (admin)

Huh?

Quote:
Originally posted by SlaveNoMore
Why does any of this babble have to do with law - and why isn't it being posted on the FB?
Because Spanky is afraid of the FB.
"In the olden days before the internet, you'd take this sort of person for a ride out into the woods and shoot them, as Darwin intended, before he could spawn."--Will the Vampire People Leave the Lobby? pg 79
Replaced_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote