LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > Politics

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 147
0 members and 147 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 03:34 PM   #1471
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Re: The Google Manifesto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedy,Greedy,Greedy View Post
He probably didn't have a career. He was moving on several years out of school and still had a number for a job title, so his days at Google were likely either limited or, even worse, perpetual and monotonous. He opted for a new career being a right wing misanthrope. It's the biggest growth industry in Trump's Amerika.
He has a solid resume, and I'd be surprised if he doesn't land on his feet. His skills are valued, and someone willl get over his judgment.
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar
Old 08-08-2017, 04:29 PM   #1472
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop View Post
He has a solid resume, and I'd be surprised if he doesn't land on his feet. His skills are valued, and someone willl get over his judgment.
I understand WIRED confirmed with Harvard that the PhD never issued, he only got a masters, and that until the ridicule began his resume was full of things like gamer credentials.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:29 PM   #1473
Pretty Little Flower

Quote:
Not technically funk, but I dare you to say its not funky. Nothing like afrobeat for an sunny August day. For a little change of pace, it's Newen Afrobeat, a Chilean afrobeat band, collaborating with Seun Kuti and Cheick Tidiane Seck on the Fela Kuti number "Opposite People":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFSRCG4DrmI

I am not sorry.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:41 PM   #1474
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Little Flower View Post
Not technically funk, but I dare you to say its not funky. Nothing like afrobeat for an sunny August day. For a little change of pace, it's Newen Afrobeat, a Chilean afrobeat band, collaborating with Seun Kuti and Cheick Tidiane Seck on the Fela Kuti number "Opposite People":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFSRCG4DrmI
Thanks, I needed that.

Thanks to a recent lyft driver, I've been listen to some soukos of late. afrobeat, steel drums, and wild improv.
Old 08-08-2017, 05:07 PM   #1475
Replaced_Texan
Random Syndicate (admin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedy,Greedy,Greedy View Post
Probably best described as "misogynistic drivel" rather than "anti-diversity screed". But, eh, it's really not bad reporting.

I thought I'd posted this here, if not, I apologize, I posted it everywhere else. Read through the whole thing. Explains why he sucks as an engineer and an employee, and not just as a human being. And Google's principal concern with him is and should be that he sucks as an engineer and employee.
My brother-in-law teaches engineering design to incoming freshmen, and without having talked to him about this particular article, I'd say he would agree wholeheartedly with the second section. It was a beautifully written piece.
"In the olden days before the internet, you'd take this sort of person for a ride out into the woods and shoot them, as Darwin intended, before he could spawn."--Will the Vampire People Leave the Lobby? pg 79
Old 08-08-2017, 05:07 PM   #1476
Replaced_Texan
Random Syndicate (admin)

Quote:
I heard Wikileaks wants to hire him.
"In the olden days before the internet, you'd take this sort of person for a ride out into the woods and shoot them, as Darwin intended, before he could spawn."--Will the Vampire People Leave the Lobby? pg 79
Old 08-08-2017, 07:50 PM   #1477
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replaced_Texan View Post
My brother-in-law teaches engineering design to incoming freshmen, and without having talked to him about this particular article, I'd say he would agree wholeheartedly with the second section. It was a beautifully written piece.
I'm an engineer but a bad one. I can't say much, other than lots of women seem to be better engineers than me.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:10 AM   #1478
Adder
I am beyond a rank!

Re: Mother, mother, mother - there's too many of you crying.

I can't decide whether the current occupant of the White House (sorry, of one of his branded golf course resorts in New Jersey) is just a blustering buffoon with no understanding of what he's doing or if he (and maybe some of the people around him) thinks that goading North Korea into attacking first wouldn't be such a bad thing because there's no other way they'd get to try to oust its regime with military force.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:35 AM   #1479
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy

Quote:
And somebody has been cleaning up his resume!

I suppose one of the positive traits of white men is that they lie about things like qualifications and that shows more drive to get ahead.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:15 AM   #1480
ThurgreedMarshall
[intentionally omitted]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adder View Post
I can't decide whether the current occupant of the White House (sorry, of one of his branded golf course resorts in New Jersey) is just a blustering buffoon with no understanding of what he's doing or if he (and maybe some of the people around him) thinks that goading North Korea into attacking first wouldn't be such a bad thing because there's no other way they'd get to try to oust its regime with military force.
I do not see these two things as mutually exclusive.

TM
Old 08-09-2017, 11:55 AM   #1481
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Quote:
Not defending him, but everyone thought Reagan was likely to start a nuke war. Although the USSR was less likely to rise to it. But here is the wild card, crazed dictators have survival skills. All the relatives your boy Kim killed are a way to keep him safer. There is a chance acting nuts like you want a fight ends up chilling out dear leader. I'm not saying it makes the trumster's act advisable, but it could have that effect?
Old 08-09-2017, 12:08 PM   #1482
Adder
I am beyond a rank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurgreedMarshall View Post
I do not see these two things as mutually exclusive.

TM
True.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Not defending him, but everyone thought Reagan was likely to start a nuke war. Although the USSR was less likely to rise to it. But here is the wild card, crazed dictators have survival skills. All the relatives your boy Kim killed are a way to keep him safer. There is a chance acting nuts like you want a fight ends up chilling out dear leader. I'm not saying it makes the trumster's act advisable, but it could have that effect?
We're relying right now on Kim being smart enough to realize that he doesn't actually want a fight. I think he's that smart, but I don't see how anything 45 is doing helps in that regard.

I do see how what 45 is doing only increases the incentives for Kim to keep developing better missiles and nukes.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:41 PM   #1483
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Quote:
My two cents: POTUS is interested in posturing and how he appears to a domestic audience, not in changing anything about our relationship with North Korea. He doesn't want anyone to attack anything, unless he can do it in a way that has no repercussions (e.g., bombing Syria -- and the pushback there from Russia may have been something he didn't expect).
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar
Old 08-09-2017, 12:50 PM   #1484
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy

Quote:
My two cents: POTUS is interested in posturing and how he appears to a domestic audience, not in changing anything about our relationship with North Korea. He doesn't want anyone to attack anything, unless he can do it in a way that has no repercussions (e.g., bombing Syria -- and the pushback there from Russia may have been something he didn't expect).
I think it's all a question of how desperate he gets domestically. If you see his poll numbers death spiral into the low thirties, war is about the only way he'd be able to reverse them.
Old 08-09-2017, 01:11 PM   #1485
notcasesensitive
Flaired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian_dangerfield View Post
Where's that leave those of us who'll happily give time and money directly to those in need, but don't want to give more of it to state, fed, or muni govt, and would sooner spend it on fidget spinners than give it to any religious organization?
Voting for a person whose own VP candidate said people should vote for Hillary?

(Yes, I'm totally Wonking here.)