LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > Regional Forums > Texas

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 281
0 members and 281 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Old 02-16-2006, 01:33 PM   #31
TexLex

Anyone live (or ever lived) in Waco?

If so, could you PM me - I have some questions.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:59 PM   #32
Replaced_Texan
Random Syndicate (admin)

Buzz at the health law conference in Houston for the last two days was that ten attorneys from V&E's Houston office are picking up and moving to Baker Hostetler.

My intel is that the attorneys are all of-counsel and associates, and some of them will be partners over at Baker Hostetler.

Baker Hostetler hasn't really had a health care practice to speak of in Houston, and V&E's website is sporting 24 partners in the health care practice.
"In the olden days before the internet, you'd take this sort of person for a ride out into the woods and shoot them, as Darwin intended, before he could spawn."--Will the Vampire People Leave the Lobby? pg 79
Replaced_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 10:46 PM   #33
uberJobu
Moving on up

Quote:
Originally posted by Replaced_Texan
Buzz at the health law conference in Houston for the last two days was that ten attorneys from V&E's Houston office are picking up and moving to Baker Hostetler.

My intel is that the attorneys are all of-counsel and associates, and some of them will be partners over at Baker Hostetler.

Baker Hostetler hasn't really had a health care practice to speak of in Houston, and V&E's website is sporting 24 partners in the health care practice.
Given the "tort reform" in HB4, isn't health law dead or dying?
uberJobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 12:31 PM   #34
Replaced_Texan
Random Syndicate (admin)

Quote:
Originally posted by uberJobu
Given the "tort reform" in HB4, isn't health law dead or dying?
Tort reform eliminated peer review, the TSBME, anti-trust laws, Stark I, Stark II, EMTALA, the anti-kickback statute, HIPAA, Medicare, Medicaid, Champus, CHiPS, professional licensure, facility licensure, reimbursement, death and dying issues, not-for-profit status, hospital operations and the corporate practice of medicine doctrine?

I'll give you CHiPs, but that was a different action by the state legislature.
"In the olden days before the internet, you'd take this sort of person for a ride out into the woods and shoot them, as Darwin intended, before he could spawn."--Will the Vampire People Leave the Lobby? pg 79
Old 04-24-2006, 12:34 PM   #35
notcasesensitive
Flaired.

Quote:
Tort reform eliminated peer review, the TSBME, anti-trust laws, Stark I, Stark II, EMTALA, the anti-kickback statute, HIPAA, Medicare, Medicaid, Champus, CHiPS, professional licensure, facility licensure, reimbursement, death and dying issues, not-for-profit status, hospital operations and the corporate practice of medicine doctrine?

I believe that tort reform eliminated disease, death and dying. Hence no health law required. And more time to focus on golf for doctors. Yay!
notcasesensitive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 01:20 PM   #36
baltassoc
Caustically Optimistic

Quote:

Yeah, yeah , yeah. Some of the rest of us have complicated practices too (not me, but some other people - like Hank maybe). No need to show off.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:14 PM   #37
Flinty_McFlint

Quote:
Originally posted by baltassoc
Yeah, yeah , yeah. Some of the rest of us have complicated practices too (not me, but some other people - like Hank maybe). No need to show off.
Look at the big brain on RT.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:18 PM   #38
Shape Shifter
World Ruler

Anyone live (or ever lived) in Waco?

Quote:
Originally posted by TexLex
If so, could you PM me - I have some questions.
No, but I've been there.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:27 AM   #39
uberJobu
Moving on up

Quote:

I thought HB4 severely limited recovery in medmal cases, and eliminated the old MiLLA statute.

So, do you do compliance work?
uberJobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 11:39 AM   #40
Replaced_Texan
Random Syndicate (admin)

Quote:
Originally posted by uberJobu
I thought HB4 severely limited recovery in medmal cases, and eliminated the old MiLLA statute.

So, do you do compliance work?
I do a lot of things related to health care. Medical malpractice is not and has never been part of the health law bar, though.