LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > The Big Board

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 163
1 members and 162 guests
Adder
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Old 08-24-2005, 01:32 AM   #676
Penske_Account
WacKtose Intolerant

Quote:
Originally posted by ltl/fb
Hall of Fame?
Let it go.....Spanky won, your side lost. Much like W's victory over Kerry.

Penske_Account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 01:34 AM   #677
ltl/fb

Quote:
Originally posted by Penske_Account
Let it go.....Spanky won, your side lost. Much like W's victory over Kerry.
Let what go? My desire to be in the hall of fame because I made club retire?
ltl/fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 01:47 AM   #678
Penske_Account
WacKtose Intolerant

Quote:
Let what go? My desire to be in the hall of fame because I made club retire?
The general line of discussion. Its sad to see the embarassment of the naysayers perpetuated.

Penske_Account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 11:42 AM   #679
sgtclub
Serenity Now

Quote:
Hall of Fame?
First ballot
sgtclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 01:34 PM   #680
sebastian_dangerfield

Quote:
Originally posted by Spanky
I am swamped today so I only get to make a quick post. I have to mush it all together.

1) The Hippo Story was great. Much apreciated in Spankyland.

2) The people that have a problem with Doonesbury need to lighten up. And what ever happened to Phred?

3) Interesting story: Please note the line: School officials are not sure what has caused so many pregnancies,

65 Girls At Area School Pregnant
School To Unveil Three-Prong Program

POSTED: 12:30 pm EDT August 23, 2005

CANTON, Ohio -- There are 490 female students at Timken High School, and 65 are pregnant, according to a recent report in the Canton Repository.

The article reported that some would say that movies, TV, videogames, lazy parents and lax discipline may all be to blame.

School officials are not sure what has caused so many pregnancies, but in response to them, the school is launching a three-prong educational program to address pregnancy, prevention and parenting.

The newspaper also reported that students will face mounting tensions created by unplanned child-rearing responsibilities, causing students to quit school and plan for a GED. This will make it difficult for the Canton City School District to shake its academic watch designation by the state.

According to the Canton Health Department, statistics through July show that 104 of the 586 babies born to Canton residents in Aultman Hospital and Mercy Medical Center had mothers between 11 and 19.

Is it just me or is the answer to that question rather obvious?
No. Its you.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:02 PM   #681
NotFromHere
No title

Ha

Quote:
Originally posted by sgtclub
First ballot
You wish.
You'll have to clear up that EPO matter first.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:24 PM   #682
sgtclub
Serenity Now

Ha

Quote:
Originally posted by NotFromHere
You wish.
You'll have to clear up that EPO matter first.
EPO?
sgtclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 02:25 PM   #683
NotFromHere
No title

EPO

Quote:
Originally posted by sgtclub
EPO?
Or I could have said THG.

Tour director Jean-Marie Leblanc’s comments appeared in the French sports daily L’Equipe on Wednesday, a day after the newspaper reported that six urine samples provided by Armstrong during the ’99 Tour tested positive for the red blood cell-booster EPO.

Last edited by NotFromHere; 08-24-2005 at 02:34 PM..
NotFromHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 02:37 PM   #684
Spanky
For what it's worth

Quote:
Originally posted by sebastian_dangerfield
No. Its you.
It so important for you guys to get your barbs in you can't see the obvious. The reason why there are so many girls getting pregnant is because they are all having sex without contraception. That is the answer to that question. There is a more complicated question of why so many of these girls are having sex, and when the are having sex, why they are not using contraception. But that is the answer to a different question.

The Article said:
'School officials are not sure what has caused so many pregnancies."

School officials know exactly why there are so many pregnancies.

What the article should have said was: They are not sure why so many girls are having sex without contraception.

I was just pointing out the humor in the fact that the reporter made the wrong statment and it made the school officials look really stupid. Kind of like Jay Leno does with screwed up newspaper headlines on his show.

It just didn't occur to me that some people on this board (Fringy and Sebastian) would be too stupid to understand why that statement was most probably an error on the reporter's part.

If your self esteem is so low that they only way you guys make yourselves feel better is to randomly assign positions and statements to people who do not hold them or make them, and then critisize those positions or statements, it may be time for some professional help.

Last edited by Spanky; 08-24-2005 at 02:39 PM..
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 02:40 PM   #685
baltassoc
Caustically Optimistic

Quote:
It so important for you guys to get your barbs in you can't see the obvious. The reason why there are so many girls getting pregnant is because they are all having sex without contraception. That is the answer to that question. There is a more complicated question of why so many of these girls are having sex, and when the are having sex, why they are not using contraception. But that is the answer to a different question.

The Article said:
'School officials are not sure what has caused so many pregnancies."

School officials know exactly why there are so many pregnancies.
I wouldn't be so sure of that. Just based on personal observations, I am fairly certain that there are school officials throughout this country with a less-than-complete understanding of how reproduction works.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:47 PM   #686
Spanky
For what it's worth

Quote:
Originally posted by baltassoc
I wouldn't be so sure of that. Just based on personal observations, I am fairly certain that there are school officials throughout this country with a less-than-complete understanding of how reproduction works.
The sad truth is they do know what causes pregnancy but they refuse to acknowledge the obvious solutions because of their complete denial of reality.

In countries like Saudi Arabia, at least in the past, single men and women were not allowed to meet, and if they had premarital sex, they could be executed. And still teenagers were getting together and having sex.

If Saudi Arabia can't stop teen sex with a death sentence, I don't know how we are supposed to stop teen sex when there isn't even a consensus in the culture that there is something wrong with teen sex and the majority of teenagers engage in it.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:49 PM   #687
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Quote:

It just didn't occur to me that some people on this board (Fringy and Sebastian) would be too stupid to understand why that statement was most probably an error on the reporter's part.
Ignore them. We've almost completed the exclusive boundary for this forum and we all know what side of the line Fringey or Sebastian will be on.

Once RT hits "send" on the set-up, you won't have to worry about that lot anymore.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:51 PM   #688
Gattigap
Southern charmer

Quote:
It so important for you guys to get your barbs in you can't see the obvious. The reason why there are so many girls getting pregnant is because they are all having sex without contraception. That is the answer to that question.

If your self esteem is so low that they only way you guys make yourselves feel better is to randomly assign positions and statements to people who do not hold them or make them, and then critisize those positions or statements, it may be time for some professional help.

Ha-ha, you fools! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian, when *death* is on the line.". Hahahahahah!

Old 08-24-2005, 02:59 PM   #689
Spanky
For what it's worth

Quote:
Originally posted by Gattigap
Ha-ha, you fools! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian, when *death* is on the line.". Hahahahahah!
Was the powder called Lidocaine? Or has my mind gone to mush?
Old 08-24-2005, 03:00 PM   #690
baltassoc
Caustically Optimistic

Quote:
The sad truth is they do know what causes pregnancy but they refuse to acknowledge the obvious solutions because of their complete denial of reality.
I agree this a problem, and agree it's due in large part to denial, and agree it is tragic.

But I'm being completely, totally fucking serious when I say that you are overestimating the level of knowledge of sex possessed by many (not necessarilly most, but too many) public school educators.

I know lots of great, hardworking, smart, underappriciated teachers. And I know some (including one in particular whose job it was to teach me and the rest of my fellow students about human reproduction) who are scary ignorant.