LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > Politics

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 198
0 members and 198 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 09:46 PM   #2116
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Re: Mother, mother, mother - there's too many of you crying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Little Flower View Post
I'll fly to NYC to witness this.
I think we all need to be there. T now has admitted he did fat shaming and we all empowered it. Shame on us all.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:55 AM   #2117
ThurgreedMarshall
[intentionally omitted]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Sounds like someone needs to go find PPNYC and apologize to her?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Little Flower View Post
I'll fly to NYC to witness this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
I think we all need to be there. T now has admitted he did fat shaming and we all empowered it. Shame on us all.
First, I said, "less shitty and judge-y."

Second, I have absolutely no regrets when it comes to the things I said about her (other than not being completely honest in an attempt to preserve her feelings).

TM
Old 09-19-2017, 01:54 PM   #2118
ferrets_bueller

Best shape of my life: 1966, 168 pounds, I could run through walls. April 1, 1966, blew my left hamstring in a relay race, but finished the relay leg. It is still a school record at my alma mater. Last competitive race I ever ran.

Lowest adult weight: 1971, 155 pounds, after 10 months in the jungle. Rail thin.

Graduation from law school: 1973, weight 170.

Adulthood: 1973-2010: a relentless climb to 202 pounds. Fueled in large part by beer.

Heavily into the financial crisis, January 2010: At my son's suggestion. I began using "Lose It." I dropped to 185 by May 2010, by eating 2,300 calories a day and a fairly rigorous daily walking routine that netted out the calories to 2,000. More exercise on weekends, usually biking, but I am truly unable to run beyond a slow trot without tearing up my hammies, which bleed under the skin. My Lose It routine was to enter food and calories immediately. This helped me to limit the alcohol intake just by inhibiting me: Did I really want to have a second, or third, drink and waste the work I had put in? This regime worked for my psyche.

2010 to the presentation of these presents: A slow climb up to 207 pounds. A bulbous 38" waist. Putting on my shoes is an adventure. As it happens, before I caught up on the health and fitness thread here, I found my Fitbit and my old iPod over the weekend. I intend to spend as many weekday evenings as possible forsaking nature's perfect beverage (The Botanist, Fever Tree Tonic, fresh lime, grapefruit bitters, the latter ingredient being something you really should try) until I get to 185 again.

Clean and sober since I split a bottle of Thibaut Jannison on Sunday,

Ferrets
Old 09-19-2017, 02:13 PM   #2119
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrets_bueller View Post

Ferrets
OK, you have me beat.

I've been clean and sober since a wee dram of Yamazaki last night.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:31 PM   #2120
Oliver_Wendell_Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedy,Greedy,Greedy View Post
OK, you have me beat.

I've been clean and sober since a wee dram of Yamazaki last night.
Or two healthy pours of Evan Williams Single Barrel in my case. But I'd just survived 2 hours and 6 classes of high school back-to-school night, so I think it was justified...
Old 09-19-2017, 02:32 PM   #2121
ThurgreedMarshall
[intentionally omitted]

Quote:
Best shape of my life: 1966, 168 pounds, I could run through walls. April 1, 1966, blew my left hamstring in a relay race, but finished the relay leg. It is still a school record at my alma mater. Last competitive race I ever ran.

Lowest adult weight: 1971, 155 pounds, after 10 months in the jungle. Rail thin.

Adulthood: 1973-2010: a relentless climb to 202 pounds. Fueled in large part by beer.
This information is useless without your height.

TM
Old 09-19-2017, 03:45 PM   #2122
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Quote:

Heavily into the financial crisis, January 2010: At my son's suggestion. I began using "Lose It." I dropped to 185 by May 2010, by eating 2,300 calories a day and a fairly rigorous daily walking routine that netted out the calories to 2,000. More exercise on weekends, usually biking, but I am truly unable to run beyond a slow trot without tearing up my hammies, which bleed under the skin. My Lose It routine was to enter food and calories immediately. This helped me to limit the alcohol intake just by inhibiting me: Did I really want to have a second, or third, drink and waste the work I had put in? This regime worked for my psyche.

2010 to the presentation of these presents: A slow climb up to 207 pounds. A bulbous 38" waist. Putting on my shoes is an adventure. As it happens, before I caught up on the health and fitness thread here, I found my Fitbit and my old iPod over the weekend. I intend to spend as many weekday evenings as possible forsaking nature's perfect beverage (The Botanist, Fever Tree Tonic, fresh lime, grapefruit bitters, the latter ingredient being something you really should try) until I get to 185 again.

Ferrets
as to hammies, read Dr. Sarno. As to 71/73, how do graduate law school in 2 years of being in Vietnam jungles. My ls graduation was not within 2 years of my being in a Vietnam jungle.
Old 09-19-2017, 04:15 PM   #2123
Pretty Little Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurgreedMarshall View Post
First, I said, "less shitty and judge-y."

Second, I have absolutely no regrets when it comes to the things I said about her (other than not being completely honest in an attempt to preserve her feelings).

TM
I'd fly out to witness you apologize for not being completely honest in an attempt to preserve her feelings.

The Daily Dose is a first time appearance for Booker T. and the M.G.'s. "Chicken Pox":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D73zEqlUTTw

I am not sorry.
Old 09-19-2017, 04:21 PM   #2124
ferrets_bueller

Excellent point: Height is 5' 10'

After College graduation in 1968, I pushed paper around sufficiently to get in my first year of law school before induction. On June 4, 1969, not long after days after my contracts final, I was inducted. After two years, I returned to law school and finished the last two years.
Old 09-19-2017, 04:36 PM   #2125
SEC_Chick
I am beyond a rank!

Personal workout routine Lawtalkers is the worst kind of Lawtalkers.
Old 09-19-2017, 04:56 PM   #2126
Not Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEC_Chick View Post
Worse than Sebby and Ty and Adder and Ty and Sebby and Sebby and Adder debate, well, everything?

I think Not.
Old 09-19-2017, 05:13 PM   #2127
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Bob View Post
Worse than Sebby and Ty and Adder and Ty and Sebby and Sebby and Adder debate, well, everything?

I think Not.
You're so wrong.
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar
Old 09-19-2017, 05:23 PM   #2128
Adder
I am beyond a rank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop View Post
You're so wrong.
He couldn't be more right, and you're stupid for not seeing that.
Old 09-19-2017, 05:24 PM   #2129
Did you just call me Coltrane?

Quote:

Ferrets
Dad?
Old 09-19-2017, 05:27 PM   #2130
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEC_Chick View Post
I think this is all a result of post-election existential psychosis.

Existential angst produces all kinds of mechanisms for dealing with it. People exercise to get rid of their pent up rage or anxiety, they eat out of nervousness, they find they need to do something-anything-to keep themselves from drowning in a sea of angst.

These coping mechanisms become self-contradictory. Subjects drink themselves silly, then engage in endless exercise as a self-corrective, but this causes hunger in their belly and their soul which results in another cycle of purge and binge.

There is only one answer. We must address the root cause. We must removed the 270 pound (269.9 if you don't count his hands) orange monster that is stomping on our souls.