LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > Miscellaneous > Mom & Dad, Esq.

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 156
0 members and 156 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Old 02-23-2006, 11:11 PM   #3046
ltl/fb

Long time, no post.

Quote:
Originally posted by viet_mom
No, I'm lucky - Vietbabe has no allergies I know of (yay, I luv PB&J sammiches). I posted asking about a family who put their kiddo in a private kiddie school after the school said it had a no-peanuts policy. The kid got serious asthema and other stuff and then they found out there was a "peanut butter eating" table inches from the kid and in this daycare like room, it's pretty much guaranteed their child was slathered in it too - they share all the toys, wash hands together, table hop and smack each other upside the head during lunch (the usual).

Though having a "Governess" would sound very cool. Too bad I don't speak the King's English (hi Hank!) and have no rose garden.
Get a governess anyway.

One of my nephews has a peanut allergy. We have to take the epipen everywhere. Or whatever that thing is called. Well, they do, and about 3 days a year, I'm there too.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:22 PM   #3047
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Long time, no post.

Quote:
Originally posted by ltl/fb
Get a governess anyway.

One of my nephews has a peanut allergy. We have to take the epipen everywhere. Or whatever that thing is called. Well, they do, and about 3 days a year, I'm there too.
Schools saying no peanuts because it could bother some kids is kind of like Ty saying no mohammed cartoons because it might bother some Muslims. Like stop people from doing stuff that they should be able to do because of the potential reaction on other people. I guess the difference is epipen can cure one of them...... but really it's the same. neutron bombs could cure the other.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:38 PM   #3048
robustpuppy

Stork

Anybody heard from SEC Chick?
robustpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 04:01 PM   #3049
TexLex

Storkwatch 2006

Not since the 16th.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:30 PM   #3050
original Hank@judged.com
crowned

Storkwatch 2006

Quote:
Originally posted by TexLex
Not since the 16th.
:hmmf: :blush:

Last edited by original Hank@judged.com; 02-28-2006 at 04:38 PM..
original Hank@judged.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 06:31 PM   #3051
SEC_Chick
I am beyond a rank!

Storkwatch 2006

Quote:
Originally posted by original Hank@judged.com
:hmmf: :blush:
Don't worry. The baby is determined to not let me out of doing all of the annual report stuff, despite my prayers to the contrary. Today was my original due date, which was pushed back a week early on due to ultrasound results. I have been pregnant forever and will likely remain so for at least a week. The Chicklet seems quite content where she is.

Luckily, I took TL's advice and stayed off my feet all President's day weekend and my cankles subsided. While I still can't wear my normal shoes, my legs have lost their freak show appearance. At least for now.
SEC_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 07:17 PM   #3052
original Hank@judged.com
crowned

Storkwatch 2006

Quote:
Originally posted by SEC_Chick
Don't worry. The baby is determined to not let me out of doing all of the annual report stuff, despite my prayers to the contrary. Today was my original due date, which was pushed back a week early on due to ultrasound results. I have been pregnant forever and will likely remain so for at least a week. The Chicklet seems quite content where she is.

Luckily, I took TL's advice and stayed off my feet all President's day weekend and my cankles subsided. While I still can't wear my normal shoes, my legs have lost their freak show appearance. At least for now.
too much salty peanuts can cause swelling too. drink a lot of water.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:21 PM   #3053
Secret_Agent_Man
Classified

Long time, no post.

Quote:
Originally posted by Trepidation_Mom
Random musings:

Big kids. Went to a local kid hangout with my spawn this weekend, and he and another little boy ran around together and tried to swap half-chewed food. His mother asked how old TK was and I said 21 months, she sort of looked at me blankly and said her kid was 3 1/2. TK had two inches and probably 10 pounds on him. Damn, he must have been one of those meth-babies y'all were talking about.
No wonder you got the blank stare. Your 21 month old son is in the same height and weight ballpark as my daughter -- who is almost 3.5l, and registers in the mid-80s to mid-90s in the percentiles. I'm sure the %s differ by gender, but that is BIG.

You say he's also athletic/coordinated? Get him one of every sporting good you can find until something sticks. Could be money in it for you down the road.

S_A_M

Voted Second Most Helpful Poster on the Politics Board.

Last edited by Secret_Agent_Man; 03-01-2006 at 04:31 PM..
Secret_Agent_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 04:43 PM   #3054
TexLex

Long time, no post.

Quote:
Originally posted by Secret_Agent_Man
You say he's also athletic/coordinated? Get him one of every sporting good you can find until something sticks. Could be money in it for you down the road.
That's what hubby is betting on for both of our big little'uns.

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but I have a fear that they will get to kindy and everyone will think they are retarded 7yos.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:50 PM   #3055
Gattigap
Southern charmer

Long time, no post.

Quote:

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but I have a fear that they will get to kindy and everyone will think they are retarded 7yos.
Not sure what "kindy" is, but to combat the other problem, PDF their birth certificates, go to cafepress.com and get the T-shirts made, and then the other kids can stare at the official state seal on the certificate as your kid flies past them for the tomahawk jam.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:27 PM   #3056
TexLex

Long time, no post.

Quote:
Originally posted by Gattigap
Not sure what "kindy" is, but to combat the other problem, PDF their birth certificates, go to cafepress.com and get the T-shirts made, and then the other kids can stare at the official state seal on the certificate as your kid flies past them for the tomahawk jam.
Kindergarten. And good idea, but I don't want them finding out the names of their real daddies.
Old 03-04-2006, 10:45 PM   #3057
TexLex

For the record...

That chick who died of a peanut butter kiss didn't. It turns out there was some other cause, but it's not being released. I'm too lazy to find the link for you, so you'll have to take my word for it.
Old 03-05-2006, 06:29 AM   #3058
pony_trekker
Livin' a Lie!

Long time, no post.

Quote:
Better off putting the college fund down to Atlantic City and putting it on 17 black.

Pushing kids like this is a guarantee they will quit all sporting activities at 9.
pony_trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 01:14 PM   #3059
TexLex

Long time, no post.

Quote:
Originally posted by pony_trekker
Better off putting the college fund down to Atlantic City and putting it on 17 black.
College fund???
Old 03-05-2006, 04:44 PM   #3060
taxwonk
Wild Rumpus Facilitator

Long time, no post.

Quote:
College fund???
You know how your husband has that beer stein from college and every night he empties his change into it?