LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > Politics

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 202
0 members and 202 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2018, 10:40 PM   #11
sebastian_dangerfield

Re: We are all Slave now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop View Post
Bullshit, Seb. You said she was the D's infantry. You may not have thought about what you were saying, but that is what you said.

Her reasons are undoubtedly more complex than the way you have attempted to describe them, and the simple way you have described them -- as attempt to keep Kavanaugh off the court -- echos GOP talking points about the unfair thing that is being done to him, whether you realize it or not.
She is D infantry now. But wtf exactly do you not understand about my repeated explanations that THIS IS NOT VOLUNTARY OR SOMETHING SHE DESIRED. Are you that fucking pigheaded that you can’t understand one can be “drafted” into the infantry against her wishes?

Of course you get that. As usual, you’re hiding behind obtuseness. (Read some of Baez’s criticisms of Dylan’s transparent use of that tactic... Might serve you well.)

I don’t see any unfair thing being done to him by her for seeking to keep him off the court. If she thinks he’s a would-be rapist, for fuck’s sake, she has an obligation to seek to stop him.

You can’t ever give it up. I’m agreeing with you, supporting her decision, and you still have to save face.

Consider this: Maybe this GOP taking point is really stupid. Maybe it’s completely sensible, rational, and patriotic for a sexual battery victim to want to keep her attacker off scotus, and it’s fine if this is her only goal here. And maybe, just maybe, that makes your criticism of my citing that fact pretty hollow.

And now put your ego on a shelf, have a Belgian, and say, “Okay. We’re all on the same page here.”

Last edited by sebastian_dangerfield; 09-19-2018 at 10:45 PM..