LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > Regional Forums > Texas

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 168
0 members and 168 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.

Old 03-08-2004, 12:36 AM   #76
Shape Shifter
World Ruler

Austin Commute

Quote:
Originally posted by evenodds
I have never heard of Jonestown, Texas. I mapped it and it is really far for an Austin commute. People commute in from Cedar Park, which is southeast of Jonestown, but they whine about it all the time.

It ultimately depends on where you are really going. If you are commuting to some place on 360 or 620 (in the former high tech corridor), it wouldn't be too terrible. If you are commuting truly downtown, you will be stuck in traffic on Mo-Pac or 360 that will make you want to kill yourself every single morning.
That's what I was afraid of. Oh well. So much for the outdoor dining area overlooking the lake. Too bad - it was very lairlike.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 03-17-2004, 10:41 PM   #77
TexLex

H&K - San Antonio

Originally posted by Freakin' NA on 03-17-2004 06:03 PM

Can anybody fill me in on this joint? What about firmwide - what's lowdown on this nuthouse?
Old 05-29-2004, 10:32 AM   #78
h-townlaw
No Rank For You!

Crain Caton & James

Any word on QOL, salary, bonus, hours...you know the routine about this place.

Thanks in advance.
h-townlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 12:55 PM   #79
TexLex

Godwin Gruber Houston Office

Godwin Gruber, LLP Announces New Houston Office; 23 Attorneys Join from Dunn, Kacal, Adams, Pappas & Law

Additions make Godwin Gruber Texas’ largest litigation trial firm

(Houston) ¯ Dallas’ Godwin Gruber, LLP today announced the addition of 23 attorneys from Houston’s Dunn, Kacal, Adams, Pappas & Law P.C., to coincide with the opening of Godwin Gruber’s new office in Houston.

“This is one of the most exciting days in the history of our Firm,” says Donald E. Godwin, founder of Godwin Gruber. “The addition of Chris Pappas, Dan King, Bob Dunn, and this excellent group of attorneys provides our firm with an immediate and undeniable presence in Houston and the Gulf Coast region.”

Mr. Pappas leads the group of five partners and 18 associates joining Godwin Gruber. In addition to being named to Godwin Gruber’s Executive Committee, Mr. Pappas will serve as Managing Partner of the Houston office.

“Our group is looking forward to incorporating in Houston the vision that has made Godwin Gruber such a success in North Texas,” Mr. Pappas says. “This is a major step, and we’re all ready for the challenge.”

Former Dunn, Kacal partners Bob Dunn, Dan King, Darrell Greer and Andrew Sarne will join Godwin Gruber as partners. Amy Dunn Taylor, a Senior Associate at Dunn, Kacal, is also joining Godwin Gruber as a partner.

The firm currently is locating space for the Houston office, which will officially open its doors on July 1. The additions will make Godwin Gruber the largest litigation trial firm in Texas with 158 lawyers.

The firm’s practice areas include commercial litigation, energy law, products liability, mass tort litigation, insurance coverage/disputes, personal injury, medical malpractice, securities law, labor and employment, intellectual property, bankruptcy, construction, environmental law, and appellate matters in federal and state courts.

Godwin Gruber represents Fortune 500 and middle-market industry leaders in Mission Critical Litigation® in Texas and throughout the U.S.

If you would like more information, please contact Donald E. Godwin at 214.939.4412, Chris Pappas at 713.819.6754 or Mike Androvett at 800.559.4534 or cell phone 214.507.5456.
Old 08-06-2004, 04:47 PM   #80
Replaced_Texan
Random Syndicate (admin)

It's been so very long

Does anyone have any information at all on this. I got an e-mail from the Texas Lawyer with this blurb, and I'm not a subscriber, so I wasn't able to get to the article.
  • Thompson & Knight Raises
    Base Salaries for Associates
    In the first significant associate pay hike in Texas since the heady days of 2000, Thompson & Knight will raise associate base salaries in January, a move that might signal the start of another paycheck bonanza for associates. Full story

Anyone know of a firm willing to match?
"In the olden days before the internet, you'd take this sort of person for a ride out into the woods and shoot them, as Darwin intended, before he could spawn."--Will the Vampire People Leave the Lobby? pg 79
Replaced_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 05:15 PM   #81
johnny_doe_esq

Other board says they jacked up the billable requirements and cut the discretionary bonuses, so I'm not sure its a net improvement.
Old 08-06-2004, 05:54 PM   #82
Replaced_Texan
Random Syndicate (admin)

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny_doe_esq
Other board says they jacked up the billable requirements and cut the discretionary bonuses, so I'm not sure its a net improvement.
Thanks. I glanced at that discussion a little. I wonder if anyone else is going to match.
"In the olden days before the internet, you'd take this sort of person for a ride out into the woods and shoot them, as Darwin intended, before he could spawn."--Will the Vampire People Leave the Lobby? pg 79
Old 10-04-2004, 12:03 PM   #83
SEC_Chick
I am beyond a rank!

A&K's Enron Settlement

Here's a Chronicle article discussing the A&K settlemene and what might happen to V&E. Poorly written, but lawyers probably aren't the intended audience.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.../enron/2814565
SEC_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 04:15 PM   #84
Replaced_Texan
Random Syndicate (admin)

TALA is looking for lawyers

to take on pro bono cases. (Texas Accountants and Lawyers for the Arts).

Seasons Greetings TALA Volunteers!!

I have several cases that need your help!! Please read the following list and let me know if you are able to assist with any of them.

Thank you for volunteering your time!!

Happy Holidays!!!

1. Austin documentary filmmaker needs contracts drafted for sponsors and workers on the film.

2. Brownsville artist needs a publishing contract terminated.

3. Dallas fashion designer needs assistance determining which business entity to form and the process.

4. Houston author needs assistance in registering and trademarking audio tapes.

5. Austin arts nonprofit needs assistance in becoming a limited liability partnership.

6. Houston filmmaker needs several contracts drafted surrounding his children's project.

7. Dallas artist needs assistance in filing the proper business forms.

8. Austin sitcom creator needs assistance in translating and negotiating contracts.

9. Galveston musical duo needs assistance in determining which business entity to form.

10. Galveston musical duo needs copyright assistance with their cd.

11. Houston nonprofit needs a contract reviewed for a documentary film.

12. Austin screenwriter needs copyright assistance for a movie script.

13. Houston nonprofit needs assistance trademarking their logo and registering new products.

14. Houston nonprofit needs a web site hosting contract reviewed.

Sincerely,
Jennifer Best
TALA
713-526-4876 ext. 201