LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > Politics

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 139
0 members and 139 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 12:30 PM   #2881
Did you just call me Coltrane?

Re: Epistemic Crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurgreedMarshall View Post
Ha. On paper? No way.

TM
I watched the video. I can't believe his back isn't a complete wreck after seeing his form.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:39 PM   #2882
ThurgreedMarshall
[intentionally omitted]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Did you just call me Coltrane? View Post
I watched the video. I can't believe his back isn't a complete wreck after seeing his form.
Never watched it until just now. But, yeah. That's all sorts of back injury waiting to happen.

https://www.someecards.com/news/poli...p-jr-deadlift/

TM
Old 11-14-2017, 12:49 PM   #2883
Did you just call me Coltrane?

Quote:
Never watched it until just now. But, yeah. That's all sorts of back injury waiting to happen.

https://www.someecards.com/news/poli...p-jr-deadlift/

TM
And of course he dropped the bar instead of slowly lowering it to finish the lift. That's just perfect Trump behavior: do half of what it takes but claim you did it all.

And the only time I drove a golf cart on a green like his imbecile dad was by accident after 10 beers.
Old 11-14-2017, 01:28 PM   #2884
SEC_Chick
I am beyond a rank!

Re: Mother, mother, mother - there's too many of you crying.

Quote:
McConnell's end-game has become clear. Come out strong against this asshole now (with the full knowledge that Alabama is so fucking backward that they'll still vote for Moore) so that he can expel him as soon as he tries to take his seat and have the Alabama governor appoint a replacement who he approves and will vote lock-step with the Republican agenda until 2018.

There is nothing about the current Republican Party that is of any value. Nothing.

TM
If defending Roy Moore is what "conservativism" has become, let me be the first to douse it in gasoline and light the match.

I wouldn't have voted for Hillary (though in retrospect I would have written in someone other than Evan McMullin, who has since beclowned himself), but I would definitely vote for the D in the Alabama Senate race.
Old 11-14-2017, 01:32 PM   #2885
Adder
I am beyond a rank!

Re: Thanks Obama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian_dangerfield View Post
Which is satisfactory for the provincial and incurious American voter.
Maybe. Or maybe they actually want to lock 'em up (on the assumption that 'em is black and brown young men and not their white sons and daughters).
Old 11-14-2017, 02:44 PM   #2886
sebastian_dangerfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adder View Post
Maybe. Or maybe they actually want to lock 'em up (on the assumption that 'em is black and brown young men and not their white sons and daughters).
A significant majority of the provincial and incurious voters are also "tough on crime." By which I mean, in favor of jailing people unlike them. Or managing the poor and mentally ill via Giuliani's "broken windows" concept.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:21 PM   #2887
ThurgreedMarshall
[intentionally omitted]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEC_Chick View Post
If defending Roy Moore is what "conservativism" has become, let me be the first to douse it in gasoline and light the match.
For the right, this is no longer about any one Congressional or Senate contest. It is about ideology. Republicans want to reshape government in Kansas' image--eliminate regulation, destroy or eliminate agencies and whole departments, transform what they view as an unfair tax system (which necessarily includes curtailing support for all safety net functions) that penalizes the rich into one that rewards the rich, remove protections for the vulnerable based on the idea that such protections penalize straight, white, Christian men, and fix the voting system so that Republicans increase the undue electoral influence they currently have so that they remain in power. That's it.

It does not matter how they achieve these goals. If it takes 50 Moores to privatize education or revise the tax code to take away "giveaways," then so be it. If we have a President in office who is clearly being worked by Russia who will rubber stamp this complete overhaul, who cares? It does not matter who sits in what office at any level as long as they actually get what they want. The Republican Party is a fucking cult and achieving these objectives are all that matters.

TM
Old 11-14-2017, 03:24 PM   #2888
ThurgreedMarshall
[intentionally omitted]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian_dangerfield View Post
A significant majority of the provincial and incurious voters are also "tough on crime." By which I mean, in favor of jailing people unlike them. Or managing the poor and mentally ill via Giuliani's "broken windows" concept.
Do you not realize that you just stated his principal using different words? It's the exact same concept.

TM
Old 11-14-2017, 04:19 PM   #2889
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Sebby and GGG might agree with Dani Rodrik.
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar
Old 11-14-2017, 05:09 PM   #2890
Adder
I am beyond a rank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop View Post
Heck, I agree with Dani Rodrik.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:29 PM   #2891
Icky Thump

Quote:
For the right, this is no longer about any one Congressional or Senate contest. It is about ideology. Republicans want to reshape government in Kansas' image--eliminate regulation, destroy or eliminate agencies and whole departments, transform what they view as an unfair tax system (which necessarily includes curtailing support for all safety net functions) that penalizes the rich into one that rewards the rich, remove protections for the vulnerable based on the idea that such protections penalize straight, white, Christian men, and fix the voting system so that Republicans increase the undue electoral influence they currently have so that they remain in power. That's it.

It does not matter how they achieve these goals. If it takes 50 Moores to privatize education or revise the tax code to take away "giveaways," then so be it. If we have a President in office who is clearly being worked by Russia who will rubber stamp this complete overhaul, who cares? It does not matter who sits in what office at any level as long as they actually get what they want. The Republican Party is a fucking cult and achieving these objectives are all that matters.

TM
It occurred to me today (or I am high, dunnu) what if he is being worked by Russia to plunge us into civil war?
Old 11-14-2017, 09:44 PM   #2892
Pretty Little Flower

World Cup Schadenfreude

The only thing that has made me feel a little bit better about the World Cup is the fact that Italy lost a qualifying match with Sweden, failing to qualify for the first time in 60 years, and that the small contingent of Swedish fans, nestled in the upper decks of the stadium, serenaded the remaining Italian fans with an impromptu version of Monty Python's "Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life." Even though I just typed that sentence, it seems too improbable to be true, but look!

https://twitter.com/Sporf/status/930...-the-world-cup

I am not sorry.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:45 AM   #2893
ThurgreedMarshall
[intentionally omitted]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky Thump View Post
It occurred to me today (or I am high, dunnu) what if he is being worked by Russia to plunge us into civil war?
I think they have succeeded beyond their wildest dreams.

TM
Old 11-15-2017, 12:11 PM   #2894
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Re: World Cup Schadenfreude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Little Flower View Post
The only thing that has made me feel a little bit better about the World Cup is the fact that Italy lost a qualifying match with Sweden, failing to qualify for the first time in 60 years, and that the small contingent of Swedish fans, nestled in the upper decks of the stadium, serenaded the remaining Italian fans with an impromptu version of Monty Python's "Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life." Even though I just typed that sentence, it seems too improbable to be true, but look!

https://twitter.com/Sporf/status/930...-the-world-cup
Also fun: Seeing the Swedish team take out the Eurosport desk.
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar
Old 11-15-2017, 12:36 PM   #2895
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Anyone know if there is an easy and cheap way to get a copy of the complaint in pending litigation in Rockland County, NY?
Closed Thread