LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > The Fashionable

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 44
1 members and 43 guests
Mmmm, Burger (C.J.)
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 08:55 AM.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2016, 12:39 PM   #1655
Replaced_Texan
Random Syndicate (admin)
 
Replaced_Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Romantically enfranchised
Posts: 13,818
Re: No Faith in the Moral Standards of the Players as a Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Yesterday the two kids had a nipping fight, or the older one (I think) beat up the younger one a bit. Dad just turned his head.
They seem to be getting very big, very fast, and they're moving around more. Every time I check in on them, I worry that they're going to fall out of the nest. Mom and dad need to build it up.
__________________
"In the olden days before the internet, you'd take this sort of person for a ride out into the woods and shoot them, as Darwin intended, before he could spawn."--Will the Vampire People Leave the Lobby? pg 79
Replaced_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 01:46 PM   #1656
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000
 
Hank Chinaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Corner Office
Posts: 84,046
Re: No Faith in the Moral Standards of the Players as a Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replaced_Texan View Post
They seem to be getting very big, very fast, and they're moving around more. Every time I check in on them, I worry that they're going to fall out of the nest. Mom and dad need to build it up.
I only look at this one but apparently there are several. The wife is looking at one in Iowa that is downright slovenly. Old carcasses, sticks litter the nest; lazy mom/dad. Do not question the parenting of the President and First Lady.
__________________
Tan and fit!!!

Last edited by Hank Chinaski; 04-19-2016 at 04:35 PM..
Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 02:42 PM   #1657
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000
 
Hank Chinaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Corner Office
Posts: 84,046
RT holding me back!

I know it isn't technically a violation of free speech, but it sure would be nice if this sidd@60 sock could go active.........
__________________
Tan and fit!!!

Last edited by Hank Chinaski; 04-19-2016 at 04:35 PM..
Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 03:56 PM   #1658
Replaced_Texan
Random Syndicate (admin)
 
Replaced_Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Romantically enfranchised
Posts: 13,818
Re: RT holding me back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
I know it isn't technically a violation of free speech, but it sure would be nice if this sidd@60 sock could go active.........
Whoops, sorrry. Should be up now.
__________________
"In the olden days before the internet, you'd take this sort of person for a ride out into the woods and shoot them, as Darwin intended, before he could spawn."--Will the Vampire People Leave the Lobby? pg 79
Replaced_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 08:18 PM   #1660
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy
Registered User
 
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Government Yard in Trenchtown
Posts: 18,848
Re: RT holding me back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
I know it isn't technically a violation of free speech, but it sure would be nice if this sidd@60 sock could go active.........
You and your nostalgia socks.
__________________
A wee dram a day!
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 02:03 PM   #1662
Oliver_Wendell_Ramone
Moderator
 
Oliver_Wendell_Ramone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Rose City 'til I Die
Posts: 3,235
Re: No Faith in the Moral Standards of the Players as a Group

Holy shit is Prince dead now? 2016 sucks.
__________________
Drinking gin from a jam jar.
Oliver_Wendell_Ramone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 04:35 PM   #1663
sebastian_dangerfield
Moderator
 
sebastian_dangerfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Monty Capuletti's gazebo
Posts: 23,019
Re: No Faith in the Moral Standards of the Players as a Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_Wendell_Ramone View Post
Holy shit is Prince dead now? 2016 sucks.
I can kind of wrap my head around some rock stars exiting. Bowie hadn't been healthy for years, and it defied medicine that Lemmy and Motorhead were still putting out records in 2015. Paul Kantner looked like death for years, and who'd cared about the Jefferson Airplane in the last 20 years anyway. But Prince? Neil Young, Ringo, [insert Stone here]... they're next. Not Prince. Not the guy from Chappelle's basketball-and-pancakes sketch!
__________________
All is for the best in the best of all possible worlds.
sebastian_dangerfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 04:42 PM   #1664
Pretty Little Flower
Moderator
 
Pretty Little Flower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Flower
Posts: 7,924
Re: No Faith in the Moral Standards of the Players as a Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian_dangerfield View Post
I can kind of wrap my head around some rock stars exiting. Bowie hadn't been healthy for years, and it defied medicine that Lemmy and Motorhead were still putting out records in 2015. Paul Kantner looked like death for years, and who'd cared about the Jefferson Airplane in the last 20 years anyway. But Prince? Neil Young, Ringo, [insert Stone here]... they're next. Not Prince. Not the guy from Chappelle's basketball-and-pancakes sketch!
It is all Prince on the local alt-rock station:

http://www.thecurrent.org/listen

And Minnesota Public Radio is devoting all its programming right now to Prince. It would truly be hard to overestimate the influence he had over this community and the love this community has for him.
__________________
Minister of New New Super Heavy Funk.

I am not sorry.
Pretty Little Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 05:04 PM   #1665
sebastian_dangerfield
Moderator
 
sebastian_dangerfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Monty Capuletti's gazebo
Posts: 23,019
Re: No Faith in the Moral Standards of the Players as a Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Little Flower View Post
It is all Prince on the local alt-rock station:

http://www.thecurrent.org/listen

And Minnesota Public Radio is devoting all its programming right now to Prince. It would truly be hard to overestimate the influence he had over this community and the love this community has for him.
It's hard to overestimate the influence he had on music generally. Beatles comparisons are a sort of Godwin's Law when talking about this stuff. But they fit here in the regard that no sane person can say he doesn't really love at least three or four Beatles tunes. The same goes for Prince. (It also fits for Bowie, but I'm a bit burned out talking about Bowie right now, given that period of mourning has just ended.)

And if Purple Rain isn't a pop culture touchstone immediately rewinding you to your early teens, you weren't clinically alive during that decade.
__________________
All is for the best in the best of all possible worlds.
sebastian_dangerfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.0.1

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:26 AM.