LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > Politics

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 119
0 members and 119 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 08:55 AM.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2021, 08:48 PM   #106
Icky Thump
Registered User
 
Icky Thump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,267
Re: Implanting Bill Gates's Micro-chips In Brains For Over 20 Years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replaced_Texan View Post
Speaking of rugrats--I'm not really spreading this on other social media quite yet--but after ten years of trying, unglodly amounts of money, lots of awesome science, and a very fertile woman from Florida who gave us 41 eggs (12 fertilized on ice), I'm pregnant with a boy due in March! 17 weeks pregnant right now.

A good hunk of y'all are sending them off and we're just getting started.
__________________
You can breathe, you can blink, you can cry. Hell, you're all gonna be doing that!
Icky Thump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 11:16 AM   #107
Adder
I am beyond a rank!
 
Adder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 16,976
Re: Implanting Bill Gates's Micro-chips In Brains For Over 20 Years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replaced_Texan View Post
Speaking of rugrats--I'm not really spreading this on other social media quite yet--but after ten years of trying, unglodly amounts of money, lots of awesome science, and a very fertile woman from Florida who gave us 41 eggs (12 fertilized on ice), I'm pregnant with a boy due in March! 17 weeks pregnant right now.

A good hunk of y'all are sending them off and we're just getting started.
Excellent!
Adder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 10:29 AM   #108
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy
Registered User
 
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Government Yard in Trenchtown
Posts: 19,918
Re: Implanting Bill Gates's Micro-chips In Brains For Over 20 Years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replaced_Texan View Post
Speaking of rugrats--I'm not really spreading this on other social media quite yet--but after ten years of trying, unglodly amounts of money, lots of awesome science, and a very fertile woman from Florida who gave us 41 eggs (12 fertilized on ice), I'm pregnant with a boy due in March! 17 weeks pregnant right now.

A good hunk of y'all are sending them off and we're just getting started.
I'm having a hard time not congratulating you on other social media as well so I just came over here to say congratulations again!!

-- Uncle Greedy, Greedy, Greedy
__________________
A wee dram a day!
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 07:08 PM   #109
Replaced_Texan
Random Syndicate (admin)
 
Replaced_Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Romantically enfranchised
Posts: 14,163
Re: Implanting Bill Gates's Micro-chips In Brains For Over 20 Years!

Awww, thank you all! We're very excited!
__________________
"In the olden days before the internet, you'd take this sort of person for a ride out into the woods and shoot them, as Darwin intended, before he could spawn."--Will the Vampire People Leave the Lobby? pg 79
Replaced_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 07:27 PM   #110
LessinSF
Wearing the cranky pants
 
LessinSF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Pulling your finger
Posts: 7,002
Re: Implanting Bill Gates's Micro-chips In Brains For Over 20 Years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_Wendell_Ramone View Post
Congrats, RT! Great news (which is hard to come by these days)!
Stina, I wish you the best, but I fundamentally do not think that people should become parents at my, your and Graham's age. I hope you prove me wrong.
__________________
Boogers!
LessinSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 09:10 PM   #111
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000
 
Hank Chinaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Corner Office
Posts: 85,682
Re: Implanting Bill Gates's Micro-chips In Brains For Over 20 Years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessinSF View Post
Stina, I wish you the best, but I fundamentally do not think that people should become parents at my, your and Graham's age. I hope you prove me wrong.
They will.
__________________
I will not suffer a fool- but I do seem to read a lot of their posts

Last edited by Hank Chinaski; 10-07-2021 at 10:17 AM..
Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 11:18 AM   #112
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy
Registered User
 
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Government Yard in Trenchtown
Posts: 19,918
Re: Implanting Bill Gates's Micro-chips In Brains For Over 20 Years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessinSF View Post
Stina, I wish you the best, but I fundamentally do not think that people should become parents at my, your and Graham's age. I hope you prove me wrong.
Dude, they're going to be FANTASTIC parents. I mean, look at some of the miscreants on this board who have successfully raised children. These guys will be top 1%.
__________________
A wee dram a day!
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 01:30 PM   #113
LessinSF
Wearing the cranky pants
 
LessinSF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Pulling your finger
Posts: 7,002
Re: Implanting Bill Gates's Micro-chips In Brains For Over 20 Years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedy,Greedy,Greedy View Post
Dude, they're going to be FANTASTIC parents. I mean, look at some of the miscreants on this board who have successfully raised children. These guys will be top 1%.
That is not my issue. It is the odds that older parents will die on the children early.

LessinLjubljana, Slovenia
__________________
Boogers!
LessinSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 02:21 PM   #114
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex
 
Tyrone Slothrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 32,532
Re: Implanting Bill Gates's Micro-chips In Brains For Over 20 Years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessinSF View Post
That is not my issue. It is the odds that older parents will die on the children early.

LessinLjubljana, Slovenia
To quote the second-best Christmas movie of all time,
Well, it's a little late to get this kind of feedback.
__________________
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar
Tyrone Slothrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 02:26 PM   #115
Pretty Little Flower
Moderator
 
Pretty Little Flower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Flower
Posts: 8,332
Re: Implanting Bill Gates's Micro-chips In Brains For Over 20 Years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessinSF View Post
That is not my issue. It is the odds that older parents will die on the children early.

LessinLjubljana, Slovenia
You are right about the odds, of course. But as I have recently become painfully aware, regardless of when you have a child or children, betting on any odds regarding your own longevity can have disappointing results.
__________________
Inside every man lives the seed of a flower.
If he looks within he finds beauty and power.

I am not sorry.
Pretty Little Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 02:41 PM   #116
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy
Registered User
 
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Government Yard in Trenchtown
Posts: 19,918
Re: Implanting Bill Gates's Micro-chips In Brains For Over 20 Years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessinSF View Post
That is not my issue. It is the odds that older parents will die on the children early.

LessinLjubljana, Slovenia
Maybe they'll ask you to be a God Parent to cover that possibility?
__________________
A wee dram a day!
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 03:47 PM   #117
pony_trekker
Livin' a Lie!
 
pony_trekker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,097
If I saw

Alex Berenson in New York wearing a mask was it really him?
__________________
C'mon Pookie, let's burn this motherfucker down.
pony_trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 04:48 PM   #118
Replaced_Texan
Random Syndicate (admin)
 
Replaced_Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Romantically enfranchised
Posts: 14,163
Re: Implanting Bill Gates's Micro-chips In Brains For Over 20 Years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessinSF View Post
That is not my issue. It is the odds that older parents will die on the children early.

LessinLjubljana, Slovenia

Eh, maybe.

Neither one of us is in ill health at all. We've been tested out the wazoo for pretty much everything in order to do this, including a shit ton of psych stuff. We're both vaxxed (me triply so). The cardiologist was actually HAPPY if perplexed to see me ("we don't get totally normal hearts very often") and gave me a 0.05% chance of having a cardio event in the next ten years. G's dad was his age when his youngest sister was born and is still going strong. My family tends to live to the 90s plus, with one great aunt about to hit 104 next month. His is similarly long aged. We both work out, keep an eye on what we eat. Hell, he's a fitness professional. We have access to pretty much any and every health resource on the planet, and we take advantage. One of the psych people told us older parents tend to do better, because they have their shit together at this point, financially and general life wise.

We could get hit by a truck next week. Or die of breakthrough Covid. Or develop cancer (though it's not in either family at any great rate). Or get bitten by a snake. Or a gagillion things that could kill us. We have no intention of orphaning this kid, but I don't think anyone does.

I figured you'd more object to putting another being into this world, which is admittedly a fucked up place.
__________________
"In the olden days before the internet, you'd take this sort of person for a ride out into the woods and shoot them, as Darwin intended, before he could spawn."--Will the Vampire People Leave the Lobby? pg 79

Last edited by Replaced_Texan; 10-08-2021 at 04:55 PM..
Replaced_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 06:36 PM   #119
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000
 
Hank Chinaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Corner Office
Posts: 85,682
Re: Implanting Bill Gates's Micro-chips In Brains For Over 20 Years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replaced_Texan View Post
Eh, maybe.

Neither one of us is in ill health at all. We've been tested out the wazoo for pretty much everything in order to do this, including a shit ton of psych stuff. We're both vaxxed (me triply so). The cardiologist was actually HAPPY if perplexed to see me ("we don't get totally normal hearts very often") and gave me a 0.05% chance of having a cardio event in the next ten years. G's dad was his age when his youngest sister was born and is still going strong. My family tends to live to the 90s plus, with one great aunt about to hit 104 next month. His is similarly long aged. We both work out, keep an eye on what we eat. Hell, he's a fitness professional. We have access to pretty much any and every health resource on the planet, and we take advantage. One of the psych people told us older parents tend to do better, because they have their shit together at this point, financially and general life wise.

We could get hit by a truck next week. Or die of breakthrough Covid. Or develop cancer (though it's not in either family at any great rate). Or get bitten by a snake. Or a gagillion things that could kill us. We have no intention of orphaning this kid, but I don't think anyone does.

I figured you'd more object to putting another being into this world, which is admittedly a fucked up place.
The snake thing. That’s what would worry me. But I live where there are no deadly snakes. My advice to you guys is get out of Texas.
__________________
I will not suffer a fool- but I do seem to read a lot of their posts
Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 07:47 AM   #120
Icky Thump
Registered User
 
Icky Thump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,267
Re: Implanting Bill Gates's Micro-chips In Brains For Over 20 Years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
The snake thing. That’s what would worry me. But I live where there are no deadly snakes. My advice to you guys is get out of Texas.
Me neither. Then I saw a picture my wife took of a fucking baby copperhead on the path where I run.

So who can recommend good folding treadmill brands for a decent price?
__________________
You can breathe, you can blink, you can cry. Hell, you're all gonna be doing that!
Icky Thump is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.0.1

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:11 PM.