LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers > General Discussion > Politics

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 202
0 members and 202 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 03:02 PM   #16
Replaced_Texan
Random Syndicate (admin)

Re: We are all Slave now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Did you just call me Coltrane? View Post
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...n-guns/553937/

"Routine handgun injuries leave entry and exit wounds and linear tracks through the victim痴 body that are roughly the size of the bullet. If the bullet does not directly hit something crucial like the heart or the aorta, and the victim does not bleed to death before being transported to our care at the trauma center, chances are that we can save him. The bullets fired by an AR-15 are different: They travel at a higher velocity and are far more lethal than routine bullets fired from a handgun. The damage they cause is a function of the energy they impart as they pass through the body. A typical AR-15 bullet leaves the barrel traveling almost three times faster than預nd imparting more than three times the energy of預 typical 9mm bullet from a handgun. An AR-15 rifle outfitted with a magazine with 50 rounds allows many more lethal bullets to be delivered quickly without reloading."

With an AR-15, the shooter does not have to be particularly accurate. The victim does not have to be unlucky. If a victim takes a direct hit to the liver from an AR-15, the damage is far graver than that of a simple handgun-shot injury. Handgun injuries to the liver are generally survivable unless the bullet hits the main blood supply to the liver. An AR-15 bullet wound to the middle of the liver would cause so much bleeding that the patient would likely never make it to the trauma center to receive our care."
My understanding is that if the crime scene photos from Sandy Hook ever came out in public, the entire debate would be over pretty quickly. The carnage caused by these weapons is pretty horrific.
"In the olden days before the internet, you'd take this sort of person for a ride out into the woods and shoot them, as Darwin intended, before he could spawn."--Will the Vampire People Leave the Lobby? pg 79
Old 03-27-2018, 03:03 PM   #17
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessinSF2 View Post
I was not in Kentucky on that date - http://opinions.kycourts.net/sc/2018-SC-000047-KB.pdf
Why aren't you representing the President? You're not any more incompetent than the fools he's tried so far.
Old 03-27-2018, 04:07 PM   #18
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedy,Greedy,Greedy View Post
Why aren't you representing the President? You're not any more incompetent than the fools he's tried so far.
Shot

Chaser
的t was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar
Old 03-27-2018, 04:18 PM   #19
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop View Post
I'd bet Slave is also no less unethical than any of the other people being discussed as Trump's potential lawyer(s).
Old 03-27-2018, 05:45 PM   #20
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedy,Greedy,Greedy View Post
I'd bet Slave is also no less unethical than any of the other people being discussed as Trump's potential lawyer(s).
The two of you should get a room.
的t was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar
Old 03-27-2018, 06:50 PM   #21
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Quote:
The two of you should get a room.
Remember our Churchill/Chamberlain chats? https://www.inspiringquotes.us/quotes/Pt7r_JSDctzVM I suppose if he had retained power the scourge that is now Israel could have been avoided?
Old 03-27-2018, 07:30 PM   #22
sebastian_dangerfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replaced_Texan View Post
My understanding is that if the crime scene photos from Sandy Hook ever came out in public, the entire debate would be over pretty quickly. The carnage caused by these weapons is pretty horrific.
There’s precedent supporting some success from that approach: Emmett Till. Lynchings didn’t end, but public revulsion definitely pared them.

We should also do it with executions. Eye for an eye? Okay. But as did the biblical proponents of that approach, sit and watch the process, Mr. Law-n-Order.
Old 03-28-2018, 12:24 AM   #23
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Remember our Churchill/Chamberlain chats? https://www.inspiringquotes.us/quotes/Pt7r_JSDctzVM I suppose if he had retained power the scourge that is now Israel could have been avoided?
Speaking of Israel, if you were upset with Kerry for repeating another country's confidences years later, what do you think about Bolton repeating sharing his own country's confidences in real time?
Old 03-28-2018, 06:25 PM   #24
Hank Chinaski

fuck, really? https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/28/us/nr...rnd/index.html
Old 03-28-2018, 06:26 PM   #25
Hank Chinaski

Quote:
Speaking of Israel, if you were upset with Kerry for repeating another country's confidences years later, what do you think about Bolton repeating sharing his own country's confidences in real time?
Haha funny! Did you get a laugh about the labor party anti-Jewish hate in England too?
Old 03-28-2018, 06:39 PM   #26
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Quote:
Haha funny! Did you get a laugh about the labor party anti-Jewish hate in England too?
Didn't laugh at either. Was I supposed to?
Old 03-28-2018, 06:40 PM   #27
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Quote:
I wonder how much of that money came from overseas.
Old 03-28-2018, 07:06 PM   #28
Hank Chinaski

Quote:
Didn't laugh at either. Was I supposed to?
Dunno. I'm not anti-Israeli so cannot give you notes. More posting to see if maybe you rethink your love of Neville C or understand a bit more what Israel is dealing with. And full disclosure- do not expect you to do more to deflect some other way.
Old 03-28-2018, 07:28 PM   #29
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Quote:
Dunno. I'm not anti-Israeli so cannot give you notes. More posting to see if maybe you rethink your love of Neville C or understand a bit more what Israel is dealing with. And full disclosure- do not expect you to do more to deflect some other way.
I'm not anti-Israel either. You must be confusing me with someone else.

Nor do I love Neville Chamberlain or even know much about him beyond that he was the crucial vote in the War Cabinet in May 1940 on Churchill's side to keep fighting instead of negotiating terms with Germany, or that he died of cancer not too much later. Oh, and the Munich thing.

You, OTOH, are trolling.
Old 03-28-2018, 09:34 PM   #30
Hank Chinaski

Quote:
I'm not anti-Israel either. You must be confusing me with someone else.

Nor do I love Neville Chamberlain or even know much about him beyond that he was the crucial vote in the War Cabinet in May 1940 on Churchill's side to keep fighting instead of negotiating terms with Germany, or that he died of cancer not too much later. Oh, and the Munich thing.

You, OTOH, are trolling.
Ty I think of you as a friend. I only met you once, and you picked a restaurant the seemed to be over a sewer, but I like you very much. But calling you out for what seems a bias is no more trolling than telling Sebby’s his vote made Trump prez.